Photo
- - - - -

Newton reacts to criticsm about how he reacts to losing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#46 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I take it to mean if he does his job everything else will fall into place.

That's what I assume but no one has ever heard his personal goals to really know.

#47 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

I can't hate on Carolina fans for not seeing the obvious. I remember when my team sucked, and we drafter that "Once in a lifetime QB" (Cam is not that BTW), his name was Mike Vick. I said the same things, ignored all the signs and then was slapped in the face once Vick was gone and realized how wrong I was.

As I said, no hate for the Panthers, and I truly believe Cam could be great. He never will be though for the reasons I pointed out already.

good luck Panther fans! I wish you the best.

You have not won a playoff game so your team still sucks

#48 Rook35200

Rook35200

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

kinda curious to what he exactly means by this, does he have personal goals followed by team goals?

I'm pretty sure he meant that if he doesn't take care of the things he needs to do first, then how can he help the team meet it's goals.

An analogy would be riding on an airplane and the oxygen masks fall. They always tell you to put yours on first before you assist someone else. You can't help someone else unless you take care of yourself first.

#49 Miaoww

Miaoww

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

kinda curious to what he exactly means by this, does he have personal goals followed by team goals?

I think he means that by setting and achieving his personal goals the team will follow in his footsteps and improve. Leading by example.

#50 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

HUDDLER

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Every nfl player dances after they score, it doesnt matter what the score of the game is. Hell every week on nfl am they judge the best dances that week. Is he supposse to be mad after he scores lol. Rodgers does his discount double check, graham does his dunk, foster does his pray...list goes on and on....and no one says they are me first selfish and not a good tem mate or leader.

The dancing poo is such a weak arguement that is blown way way out of porpotion.

#51 broseidon

broseidon

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Frankly I take the position with Cam that I hate fugin losing and I'm fugin tired of it....

The media reactions remind me of some of the knuckle heads on the site that bash him for taking losses with disgust

Lay off haters!!

#52 gamecocks722

gamecocks722

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Do your thing Cam!

I have always been the same way. Playing sports I put 110% into it and encouraged everyone but I took loosing very hard. I can totally relate to him.

What I want to read about is his Monday morning meetings, the practices after a loss. I bet anything he is positive and upbeat, getting himself and all his team-mates ready for the next Sunday. Of course the media only focuses on his actions immediately after a loss.