Photo
- - - - -

I'm 100% sure we will beat the Seahawks. Agree?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#106 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,414 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

According to my reliable sources, the Seattle Seahawks charter flight is currently en route to Charlotte, scheduled to arrive this evening around 10:30. Pete Carroll is making the cross-country trip a day earlier to let his guys acclimate to the time difference, even though it's a 4PM kick off.

They gon be ready.

#107 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Only read the op. Agree Panthers will win Sunday. Believe this team is coming together. I think the final win total will be more than you think.

The 10 day break did the team and coaches good. Bye week is coming at a good time. I see things getting better and better.

amen.

loss in atlanta has a lot of people running for the hills believing that it was a game that the panthers can't come back from.

i believe just the opposite. i think they turned the corner as far as intensity and will be building on growth that took place heading into atlanta.

losing that closely should have put a bigger fire in their bellies.

i think some people look at moments like that and get stronger. those are the ones who have faith in the panthers coming into this week.

some people let defeats crush them and never seem able to overcome. i think those are the fans who are looking at it as a loss.

some fight. some give up.

if this is a team that has given up already i will go find another and i'm not exaggerating. if they haven't given up, i'm not going to.

#108 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

amen.

loss in atlanta has a lot of people running for the hills believing that it was a game that the panthers can't come back from.

i believe just the opposite. i think they turned the corner as far as intensity and will be building on growth that took place heading into atlanta.

losing that closely should have put a bigger fire in their bellies.

i think some people look at moments like that and get stronger. those are the ones who have faith in the panthers coming into this week.

some people let defeats crush them and never seem able to overcome. i think those are the fans who are looking at it as a loss.

some fight. some give up.

if this is a team that has given up already i will go find another and i'm not exaggerating. if they haven't given up, i'm not going to.

You know you will not have to go anywhere. This team is built with character guys, including the HC. They will respond in a positive manner. I am sure of it.

#109 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

no...loss

#110 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Marshawn Lynch will enter Beast Mode... we will lose

#111 Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Greetings all. Friendly Seahawks fan here looking forward (well sort of) to tomorrow's game.

Looks like you guys are pretty confident about the game tomorrow, and with #1 under center I can't blame you.. let me give you guys a little feel for the Seahawks.

- Marshawn Lynch currently leads the NFL in rushing, and the Seahawks offense as a whole ranks 6th in the NFL in rushing. There are several reasons for this, which I'll get into later, but rest assured the Seahawks gameplan tomorrow will be to control the clock and run run run run with Lynch.

"Now why would they do that?" you may ask yourself.. well.. the Seahawks offense is pitiful throwing the football. Russell Wilson ranks dead last in passing yards for a starting QB, and the Seahawks leading receiver is Sidney Rice who is averaging a whopping 33 yards a game. After last weeks latest awful showing through the air, the drum beat for backup Matt Flynn has started to pick up.. and one can only imagine if the passing game struggles yet again this weekend against your defense.. the controversy will definitely begin to rear its ugly head.

Where this can be a big subplot to tomorrows game is .. Seahawk fans and media pundits who cover the team have shown a great deal of frustration towards the play-calling of the offense. For some reason, Russell Wilson is already a beloved athlete in the Puget Sound area and literally cannot do anything wrong in the eyes of his fans, but there is an argument to be made about the play-calling. If the first four weeks are any indication, the Seahawks offense will be very predictable tomorrow. Pete Carroll and OC Darrell Bevell believe strongly in doing ANYTHING possible to limit mistakes and turnovers. Thus, this leads to an extremely vanilla set of play-calling. Because of these frustrations, I can see the team trying to get a little more aggressive, which could be great or it could go very badly. Usually there isn't much in between in scenarios like this.

- The Seahawks defense is downright NASTY. Coming in to tomorrow's game they are ranked 4th overall, 2nd against the run, 10th against the pass, and T-8th in sacks. Their achilles heel this season seems to be on 3rd and long situations, where for some reason they struggle to get teams off the field. Time and time again last week against the Rams, the Seahawks D had the Rams offense in a 3rd and 10+ situation only to go to a soft zone and give up a first down. The Seahawks D is almost more comfortable in a 3rd and manageable type situation.. it's really strange. One would think this is just an anamoly and they will figure it out sooner rather than later. But it's worth noting. The Seahawks defense however has not played against a player like Cam Newton - probably because Cam Newton is rare in himself - so this figures to be a great test to see if they really are a Top 5 defense like they are on paper. Another matchup worth watching is Steve Smith vs. Brandon Browner/Richard Sherman. Browner and Sherman are by far the biggest corners in the league (6-4 and 6-3 respectively), and the Seahawks love to play bump-and-run coverage as a result of their corners elite size. However, they do tend to struggle a little bit against the smaller, quicker WR's like Steve Smith.. so this could be another difficult assignment for the Hawks D come Sunday.

On paper, I'd say our defense is much better than yours.. however, I don't think the Panthers D is as bad as the numbers indicate.. as you guys just faced 3 of the best QB's in football - they would make a lot of defenses look bad.

I do agree that the Panthers should win tomorrow, as the Seahawks are awful on the road, but if the defense can keep the game close.. who knows?

Best of luck tomorrow and here's to no injuries on either side :)

#112 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

We stand a better chance of winning this game because Beason will be out. He has missed his angles all season, he's been the weak link. Anderson will start. Out LB corps has been nonexistent. Not tomorrow.

Yeah I said it.

As for our offense ..... Get the decisive, "I know football" Cam and we win. If the "omg what did they just do *snap*" Cam shows up, we're in trouble. I could give a flip what he does on the sidelines. It's when he's behind Kalil that counts.

It's gonna be a close game. We have to stay strong for 60 minutes and wear them out to win. I honestly don't know if we can do it. But I hate the chickenhawk's uni's. Just based on that, we win. :ph34r:

GO PANTHERS

#113 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

While I think we win, you can't say we have this drive in our bellies because we lost last week. Why? Seattle lost too. So they'll have the same drives. They'll negate one another. Whoever makes the less mistakes will win.

#114 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm 100% sure if we win.... it will be by a TD or less

#115 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Greetings all. Friendly Seahawks fan here looking forward (well sort of) to tomorrow's game.

Looks like you guys are pretty confident about the game tomorrow, and with #1 under center I can't blame you.. let me give you guys a little feel for the Seahawks.

- Marshawn Lynch currently leads the NFL in rushing, and the Seahawks offense as a whole ranks 6th in the NFL in rushing. There are several reasons for this, which I'll get into later, but rest assured the Seahawks gameplan tomorrow will be to control the clock and run run run run with Lynch.

"Now why would they do that?" you may ask yourself.. well.. the Seahawks offense is pitiful throwing the football. Russell Wilson ranks dead last in passing yards for a starting QB, and the Seahawks leading receiver is Sidney Rice who is averaging a whopping 33 yards a game. After last weeks latest awful showing through the air, the drum beat for backup Matt Flynn has started to pick up.. and one can only imagine if the passing game struggles yet again this weekend against your defense.. the controversy will definitely begin to rear its ugly head.

Where this can be a big subplot to tomorrows game is .. Seahawk fans and media pundits who cover the team have shown a great deal of frustration towards the play-calling of the offense. For some reason, Russell Wilson is already a beloved athlete in the Puget Sound area and literally cannot do anything wrong in the eyes of his fans, but there is an argument to be made about the play-calling. If the first four weeks are any indication, the Seahawks offense will be very predictable tomorrow. Pete Carroll and OC Darrell Bevell believe strongly in doing ANYTHING possible to limit mistakes and turnovers. Thus, this leads to an extremely vanilla set of play-calling. Because of these frustrations, I can see the team trying to get a little more aggressive, which could be great or it could go very badly. Usually there isn't much in between in scenarios like this.

- The Seahawks defense is downright NASTY. Coming in to tomorrow's game they are ranked 4th overall, 2nd against the run, 10th against the pass, and T-8th in sacks. Their achilles heel this season seems to be on 3rd and long situations, where for some reason they struggle to get teams off the field. Time and time again last week against the Rams, the Seahawks D had the Rams offense in a 3rd and 10+ situation only to go to a soft zone and give up a first down. The Seahawks D is almost more comfortable in a 3rd and manageable type situation.. it's really strange. One would think this is just an anamoly and they will figure it out sooner rather than later. But it's worth noting. The Seahawks defense however has not played against a player like Cam Newton - probably because Cam Newton is rare in himself - so this figures to be a great test to see if they really are a Top 5 defense like they are on paper. Another matchup worth watching is Steve Smith vs. Brandon Browner/Richard Sherman. Browner and Sherman are by far the biggest corners in the league (6-4 and 6-3 respectively), and the Seahawks love to play bump-and-run coverage as a result of their corners elite size. However, they do tend to struggle a little bit against the smaller, quicker WR's like Steve Smith.. so this could be another difficult assignment for the Hawks D come Sunday.

On paper, I'd say our defense is much better than yours.. however, I don't think the Panthers D is as bad as the numbers indicate.. as you guys just faced 3 of the best QB's in football - they would make a lot of defenses look bad.

I do agree that the Panthers should win tomorrow, as the Seahawks are awful on the road, but if the defense can keep the game close.. who knows?

Best of luck tomorrow and here's to no injuries on either side :)

Hi, rayzor.

#116 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I know I am late, per usual. However, I am confindent of victory tomorrow for two reasons. We ARE improving, and we are getting a little mad with these losses. I can see us playing the best game of the year and just whooping them big time.

We are going to start winning soon. Why not this week?

#117 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Marshawn Lynch will enter Beast Mode... we will lose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA&feature=related
This is how we will handle Lynch!

#118 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

im not 100% sure this team would beat UNC charlotte

#119 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I would like to say yes but I think it's Cam's off-week

Solid prediction or what?

#120 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Solid prediction or what?

Now fetch me some lottery numbers!

seriously Cam looks like a giant bag of ass right now.

Our defense is a joke to watch as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com