Photo
- - - - -

What would it take for you to stop being a Panthers fan?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think I'd have to be dead.

#32 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I am in Oregon, and a Panther Fan, if they move I'll be their fan there, and if NC got another team I'd hate them and cheer for the FORMER Panthers. Strange. Or I might just say fug it, and cheer for the Ravens.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

It would take way more than just losing.

Moving the team is an obvious one. That or if they did something 'real world' objectionable, which is highly unlikely.

#34 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I would never stop being a fan unless this team became like the Bills/Raiders, but with less loyal fans and then they actually moved us and changed our name.

I could only see that happening in like 25 years though when nobody on our current roster will even be playing.

There will be a team in Los Angeles very soon and if in 25 years the Panthers are some other team with nothing to remind me of my 'Carolina Panthers', I will be rooting for the Los Angeles team and finally be able to go to a Dodgers game, Lakers game, and NFL game all in the same city.

Solution: Move team to LA B)

#35 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

As long as they are in Carolina I'll be a fan. If they moved, I would have to reevaluate.

#36 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

I would always be a fan, even if they moved... Unless they changed the name......

#37 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

An NFL franchise in Greensboro

#38 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Nothing could ever make me stop being a Panthers fan. We could let Cam walk for nothing, and although I'd be extremely pissed and probably physically sick over it, I'd throw on my jersey and head to BofA to see what the next guy can do.

#39 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Moving would not stop me from being a fanatic Panther fan, I am already 2000 miles away so no deal breaker there. If they change the name and get an owner like Jerry Jones, well then I would have to think about it.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

moving is probably it.

i think the hardest thing about being a panthers fan, though, is other fans. i have no problem with homers because those guys are going to be the loudest at games and give off the most positive vibe.

i really don't like people bitching and complaining about everything the team does and just give off this feeling that they hate being a panther fan and like the team losing just so they have something to bitch about and pull out the "see, i told you they suck" card.

the worst, though, are the apathetic fans...esp. PSL holders who go games just to hang out and talk to other people or who let their tickets get into the hands of fans from other teams. that just sucks and it takes away any possible home field advantage.

#41 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I will be honest...if

-We never get over .500 in the next 4 years

During or After those 4 years
-Cam leaves
-Hurney still employed here
-Smitty, Beason, T.Davis, D-will, and J-Stew are all gone
-Falcons win a Super Bowl
-Cam wins a Super Bowl ring with another team
-Richardson basically tells/shows all fans the attitude "F*** you, pay me!"
-We're on our 3rd Head Coach after Fox

^^^All of this would have to happen. Prolly would become a regular fan of the NFL for a while afterwards

#42 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,687 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

I have a hard time believing this is even a serious question.

#43 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Would it take a playoff drought like the Buffalo Bills are enduring? (I think it's up to 13 years at this point).

Would it take the team somehow botching Cam Newton staying in Carolina for his whole career?

Would it take the team moving to a different city?

Or would you stay a fan no matter what happened?

Death will stop me...But then my ghost may haunt the games

#44 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Been through the moving thing before. I am native charlottean so losing the Hornets was agonizing. I was as loyal to them as I am the panthers but dropped basketball all together when they left. The Bobcats are my new team but the bad taste in my mouth from the Hornets leaving makes me more of a casual than diehard fan like I used to be.

Moving would be the only potential thing that could make me drop them as my team, I love football too much to know if that would even make me drop them. Hopefully I will never be faced with that decison ever.

#45 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,485 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I remember a long time ago there was talk of Winston getting a MLB team. I would have dropped the Braves if that happened, just like ill drop the Panthers if Winston or Greensboro(maybe even Raleigh) ever gets a NFL team. That'll never happen, so I'm down with the Panthers till the end. I would lose a lot of interest though if Cam left. He's quickly became my favorite player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com