Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke to start at MLB, Davis at WLB

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really like this decision. It's do or die time, let's get the best players on the field.

Posted · Report post

Will we see a different Defense with Luke in the middle? As in do you think our overall D will improve, more explosive and attacking

Posted · Report post

Overall I think you all are forgetting Beason didn't play in preseason and that helped everyone else get used to tackling. with the new CBA, he had hardly a chance to practice tackling again before being put in a game. The beast will be back.

Posted · Report post

Beason clearly was not 100% and was missing tackles he should have made. Davis has looked very good in limited action this year. I think the defense will only improve with this change.

Posted · Report post

I see an improvement at both spots!

Also I see Williams keeping hangmans job.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke tallies 15+ tackles

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CPcavedweller' timestamp='1349637056' post='1936472']
Overall I think you all are forgetting Beason didn't play in preseason and that helped everyone else get used to tackling. with the new CBA, he had hardly a chance to practice tackling again before being put in a game. The beast will be back.
[/quote]

He played 4 full regular season games which is a ton more than he would see in the pre season. It's not an issue of getting used to it, it's a matter of him being physically unable to do it at this point.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think he can physically do it. Once your DT's are getting knocked off the ball right into your grill its gonna make getting around to the RB lower a little more difficult.

However, Davis starting scares me right now. If he goes down were in big trouble.

Posted · Report post

And I know this is off topic, but how would you all feel if we drafted a Safety and more Sherrod back to his natural corner position. That'd give us an instant upgrade at every position I do believe.

Posted · Report post

luke is going to have to wrap up and tackle solidly against Marshawn Beast Mode Lynch

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CPcavedweller' timestamp='1349637483' post='1936486']
I think he can physically do it. Once your DT's are getting knocked off the ball right into your grill its gonna make getting around to the RB lower a little more difficult.

However, Davis starting scares me right now. If he goes down were in big trouble.
[/quote]

Beason has a shoulder injury and has struggled to tackle. Not sure what else that is other than physically unable.