205 replies to this topic

#106 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Watching this team tells me that the coaching staff really don't trust the rest of the team. I seriously wonder what sort of conversation is going on during the team meetings?

If they don't trust a guy like Olsen then they can just gtfo of Charlotte on the next bus....

#107 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Notice we didn't get moving until we started getting Olsen involved. The announcers pointed out multiple times that it seemed almost like cam was ignoring olsen because he was so obviously open more than once. why are we always trying to force the deep ball to smith? is that a cam thing or a coaching thing?

Maybe because Smith wants to pad his own record.

Last season Cam spread the love around. This season it does seem as if Steve is the centerpiece and even worst is how many mistakes he's made for the past three weeks and how little you folks ish about it. But you don't have a problem putting up endless threads criticizing every move your QB makes.

Do you really believe folks take this team seriously? They see who they have to go after and they do. Game's over.

#108 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

For the first time Im starting to be upset that Luck didnt come out last year

The bar I was in had the Colts game on the other screen. Luck was money on his throws on the last drive man....It was like Manning 2.0....If I had the arm, I think I woulda hit some of cam's passes today

#109 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

When you don't have a big speedy receiver that can do the vertical jump balls other than an aging Smitty you have problems.

It baffles me how little we use Stewart & Olsen

#110 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

let's make this easy. remove Cam, how would our team have faired the past season and 5 games?

#111 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

i expected the media to beat cam up but from our own fan base is appaling. Were suppose to be supporting our YOUNG quarterback not cucifing him. If you wanna play the blame game look at your running backs alot of drops, and don't get me started on the oline. but you know what as a HC you should know your team weakness and play off of that.....for example if we can't block short passes are a must and the read option will be the death of this team this year along with bonehead coaching calls Who the hell passes when you need one yard and have toblbert,stewart and cam in the backfield.

#112 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I really think it's all on the coaching staff. They lead a passive mentality that extends through to the players. Who else can be blamed when we have so much talent and are still spiraling downward? Week in and week out we scratch our heads at inopportune timeouts and piss-poor play calling. I think they are also doing a disservice to the development of Cam Newton.

#113 welchness

welchness

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

http://www.facebook....nRivera?fref=ts

#114 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Sometimes when things are going wrong, a QB best friend is a straight, power I formation with max protect.

In case the Panthers' coaches have not noticed, it appears that through tape or through keying off of certain players habits, they have unraveled the option.

Yet we come out and do it over and over and over again.

Finese has it's moments but the reality is, physical teams win.

#115 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

He should be elite by now. We deserve that.

You were claiming he was already elite. He has a ton to work on...and that's ok.

We will see whether he really has the desire and work ethic to improve and be great. Either he will, or he will be the next Ryan Leaf or Vibce Young.

I hope he has it in him.

But, Chud is doing him no favors by trying to run this college read option bullshit. He us actually hindering Cam's development. He needs to run and develop in an NFL offense.

#116 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

...Lets see, Dlow sucked (thinking hes good, got paid), Smitty sucked, looked like his rookie year.. Jstew not great but whatever on that....yea, Cam stunk but its not very often...he is only one guy on the offence...

#117 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

i expected the media to beat cam up but from our own fan base is appaling. Were suppose to be supporting our YOUNG quarterback not cucifing him. If you wanna play the blame game look at your running backs alot of drops, and don't get me started on the oline. but you know what as a HC you should know your team weakness and play off of that.....for example if we can't block short passes are a must and the read option will be the death of this team this year along with bonehead coaching calls Who the hell passes when you need one yard and have toblbert,stewart and cam in the backfield.

It is true that the WR's, RB's , and OL did not help Cam today. But, Cam played very poorly today and is pressing under pressure.

#118 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Don't tell them. Let them continue sit and analyze every thing Cam does without really paying attention to what's going on. They act as if Cam is coming up with his own plays also. But what else is new.

isn't it funny that with some teams, no matter how off their QB is, the team manages to win. Not this one.

I would love to be a fiy on the wall at these team meetings because I swear this team undisciplined.

This.

This more than anything else.

It starts from the top and works it's way down. And that's what happens when your owner has established a culture of losing and accepting mediocrity as being okay. We're stuck with it and should've known by now to not expect anymore than what he puts out there on the field.

The coaching staff lacks accountability and responsibility is some vague, nebulous, foreign thing...

But, that's another thread... The point is, the coaching is what is doing Cam in. REAL coaches get more out of their players and make average players look good, and good players great. Our coaches make average players poor, and good to great players average. Bad calls, indecision, lack of consequences and accountability. I don't believe in the staff. I'm ready for the next hire, although it will be much the same.

#119 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,223 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

...Lets see, Dlow sucked (thinking hes good, got paid), Smitty sucked, looked like his rookie year.. Jstew not great but whatever on that....yea, Cam stunk but its not very often...he is only one guy on the offence...

Cam sucked worse than anyone else on the offense tonight. If you could not see or accept that, you are truly a nut hugger.

#120 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Wow such an ignorant and stereotypical statment. You folks say the same ish about every black QB in the NFL. Just give you time. I'm sure eventually RG III and Wilson will hear it. You simply can't help yourself can you?

You are sitting there comparing a 2nd year player whose playing on a team with a bunch of undisciplined players as the Panthers, to guys who have been in the NFL 3 times longer and teams have been built around them? And it's Cam intelligence you're seriously questioning. Do you remember Manning when he was at this stage of his career? How about Drew Brees?

What the heck are you smoking.

Yes, everybody that does not agree with you is on crack. You bring up race and call people racists. If you say it first, it must be true. The Manning / Brees comparison can also be applied to Warren Moon, Doug Williams, Campbell, etc. But I was not thinking race because it is not something I think about--unlike you, Malcolm.

To humor you and everyone who fails to see the signs of poor attitudes because morale is not important to those who flip eggs at Waffle House or make their living recycling plastic water bottles --What was it Smith said just last week? Was that the only sign? Nope.

He does not know how to lead. Towel over head, pouting. Do you ever see him taking strategy with a teammate about strategy? Ever see him jump on a lineman or correct a WR?

He promotes himself (superman) when the team is out of the game because he scored a TD. That suggests that he is not mentally where he should be.

He stares down at press conferences and gives sarcastic answers to the press (this coming from Tom Sorenson). The only time he looked up or smiled recently was when he mentioned one of his endorsements (Gatorade).

Today, did you see any positive emotion out of him? Or did you see him rely on his athleticism? and when it failed him, did he know what to do?

If you do not see the mental weakness, it probably afflicts you too. What the hell are you smoking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com