Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Favorite Basketball Coach...

11 posts in this topic

Matt Doherty :D

lol...

but seriously, one of my faves is pitino even though it kills me he is coaching our arch rival, but when he was at UK it was such a good run... always was a fan of tubby... his wife was kind of a bitch...

a coach not affiliated with UK would be Izzo and Bill Self...

I know that this is a joke thread, but I have 3 favorites...

The Dean

Roy Williams

...and Jim Valvano - I listen to his ESPN speech at least once a year, makes me cry every time, I'm not ashamed to admit it...

Coach Sid...Man, I'll bet Doherty would coach circles around the kool-aid man.

Dean Smith

Was a fan of Roy Williams when he was at Kansas, and now even more that he is back at the Hill

outside of the Carolina Family I would have to say Tom Izzo, because he is the one that is consistently good and always gets put to the backburner to the Coaches of bigger schools....Roy WIlliams, Bob Knight, Coach K, and now even Bill Self

one of my faves is pitino even though it kills me he is coaching our arch rival, but when he was at UK it was such a good run...

Likewise.

Outside of the Big Blue affiliated family, if we're talking active coaches, I'd have to go with Bruce Pearl. I just like his personality and school spirit

• Topics

• I used to be an INFP but I just took one that has me leaning INTJ: INTJ Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(19%)  Thinking(1%)  Judging(22%) You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%) You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (19%) You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%) You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)
    • Times change and things evolve. Have you noticed that this year's draft class is the best in many years in the secondary? While the rules may be changing, have you noticed how defenses and players have changed as well? A guy like Fournette could be the thing we need to take advantage of the fact that this year and last year, CBs are being drafted once every 6 players and this year safeties are going to be drafted a ton as well. I think it was Linville and I who were thinking the same thing, that if you really want to get ahead of the current NFL, you do something no one else is building their teams to stop. I'd love to see us get into a real power running game, not a great running game because your QB gets as many yards as your lead back, but a running game that forces the D to not have extra DBs on the field causing play actions to be unstoppable. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like NFL defenses are trending towards not being able to stop a great running game.