Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earl Thomas: 'Hawks knew Cam Newton would 'tank'

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078477/article/earl-thomas-we-knew-cam-newton-would-tank

[quote]"We know he's a great dual-threat quarterback, but once we bottle it up and frustrate him, we know he's going to tank a little bit," [url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA"]Seahawks[/url] safety [url="http://www.nfl.com/player/earlthomas/2508080/profile"]Earl Thomas[/url] told the Associated Press about Newton. "We were able to do that today." [/quote]

Posted · Report post

That headline irritated me when I read it... they're trying to make it a bigger story than it is. When you read the entire quote, the guy is talking more about the Seahawks causing Cam to tank rather than Cam causing Cam to tank, like the headline wants you to believe.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='#1 fan in Brier Creek' timestamp='1349748392' post='1940101']
That headline irritated me when I read it... they're trying to make it a bigger story than it is. When you read the entire quote, the guy is talking more about the Seahawks causing Cam to tank rather than Cam causing Cam to tank, like the headline wants you to believe.
[/quote]

i didn't get that out of the headline.

Posted · Report post

Well, it sure seems like that's what they were going for.

Posted · Report post

Saw that earlier on ESPN. It wasn't an insult, it's the same with any QB. Why does Brady have such a hard time against the Giants? Because they get in his face.

Thomas said he's a great QB both running and passing, but if they got to him, he'd start getting down and it would affect his performance. That's what they did. Thank Chud for not making any adjustments and not using a REAL running game and getting him quick passes to set up a rhythm and get the offense moving.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's all true. Cam gets frustrated quick, and gets right off of his game.

Posted · Report post

What would you guys say to this.. Cam to the Bills for Dareus, Stevie Johnson and their 1st and 2nd rounder? Yay or nay? Their QB is garbage and they liked Cam going into the draft. Id make that trade. Lets see. They will probably have a top 7 pick and we would have a top 5 pick. We would get Dareus, Johnson plus we could draft Eric Reid and Star Lotulelei in the 1st round and a QB in the 2nd round.

Posted · Report post

Why would you EVER trade your franchise QB once you find one?

That is unless you're an idiot and don't believe we have a franchise QB.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherTrain84' timestamp='1349749661' post='1940162']
What would you guys say to this.. Cam to the Bills for Dareus, Stevie Johnson and their 1st and 2nd rounder? Yay or nay? Their QB is garbage and they liked Cam going into the draft. Id make that trade. Lets see. They will probably have a top 7 pick and we would have a top 5 pick. We would get Dareus, Johnson plus we could draft Eric Reid and Star Lotulelei in the 1st round and a QB in the 2nd round.
[/quote]

I'd probably say:

Cam still needs to improve his mentality and decision making but he is one of many reasons from top to bottom within this organization we are losing and the people we have around him are clearly not helping him the right way right now.

Posted · Report post

why do all QB's have career days against us? b/c we don't get in their face.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

I would say this is not Madden and you are out of your mind.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

I'd say how about you Gtfo and never come back
4 people like this