Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things every parent should teach their children

35 posts in this topic

Posted

How to properly cook a steak and how to properly order a steak. Medium rare please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't mouth off to a bus driver unless you want an uppercut to the jaw.

1 person likes this

Posted

Treat everyone as their equal.

Aim for center mass.

Posted

to brush their teeth. nasty ass kids with their stinky breath and rotten teeth

Posted

1. "Temperance. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation."
  2. "Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation."
  3. "Order. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time."
  4. "Resolution. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve."
  5. "Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing."
  6. "Industry. Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions."
  7. "Sincerity. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly."
  8. "Justice. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty."
  9. "Moderation. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve."
  10. "Cleanliness. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation."
  11. "Tranquility. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable."
  12. "Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation."
  13. "Humility. Imitate Jesus and Socrates."

Wish I could take credit for those, but that's all Ben Franklin.

...Although from what I understand he was not a strict adherent to number 12.

Posted

Don't talk to strangers

Posted

Be nice to the help.

Posted

half of this sh-t I don't do myself

Posted

You're not entitled to jackshit, so don't act like you are.

Respect your elders, odds are they've "been there, done that" a helluva lot more than you think.

Learn to appreciate a lot of different music.

Posted

IF you ruin my nice thread I will hunt you down and kill you.

that is all

Then teaching your spawn to Field Strip a 50 Cal would be useful.

Also, that degree I'm going to insist you get and will not accept otherwise will provide you a lifetime of independence.

Posted

1. "Temperance. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation."

2. "Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation."

3. "Order. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time."

4. "Resolution. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve."

5. "Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing."

6. "Industry. Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions."

7. "Sincerity. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly."

8. "Justice. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty."

9. "Moderation. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve."

10. "Cleanliness. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation."

11. "Tranquility. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable."

12. "Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation."

13. "Humility. Imitate Jesus and Socrates."

Wish I could take credit for those, but that's all Ben Franklin.

...Although from what I understand he was not a strict adherent to number 12.

#3 gave him the most trouble, actually. He was a very unorganized person.