Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Chud Believes the 4th and 1 call was the right one

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe true, I honestly don't know enough about player evaluations to say... someone said Gross is undersized... ok. Kalil is one of the best centers in football... Silatolu is a rookie, but huge... Bell has played well, and yeah, Hangarter has not... we tried to keep Otah around and he was awesome for the run, but just couldn't stay healthy.

Aside from not putting eleventy billion $ into RBs, (which is also a moot discussion at this point) what else could have been done?

When I look at the line I see two solid guys and 3 weak links (for different reasons). That is not the path you would think a team would want to take to build their franchise around a young QB.

Posted

A good play call doesn't have the QB under heavy pressure in a must win situation.

because the play was written up so the QB falls under pressure?

It was a good call. Poorly executed by several players.

Posted

short and goal game on the line its what team wants it more, you run and pound it in. Too many things can go wrong on a pass play esp on 4th down. Your team either has the will to punch it in or you lose. Seattle wanted it more.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I look at the line I see two solid guys and 3 weak links (for different reasons). That is not the path you would think a team would want to take to build their franchise around a young QB.

Considering our offensive prowes last season, the fact that we drafted a road grader OG this draft, and our previously mentioned high dollar backfield, what else could have been done?

Obviously Otah was a huge disappointment but that's water under the bridge...

Posted

I would have preferred Cam going over the top..

But, cam had an open guy in the end zone, and couldn't get him the damn ball.

Cam's fault, not the coach.

Posted

OL play had a hand in it as well. They were Swiss cheese all day. Execution by 11 starters and the play works.

probably should have gone with 6 OL.

Posted

If nobody is open, Chud has no reason to say it was the right call. It's bullshit. He's simply saying, "fug you, somebody was open, blame Cam's throw, not me". No, asshole. I'm blaming you. You have a huge QB and you have 2 powerful runningbacks. No. Excuse. At. All. Power that poo in there.

Posted

probably should have gone with 6 OL.

They should be referred to as the LOL.

Posted

It seems like most good coaches take responsibility for losses even when it's not their fault. Ours seem to do the opposite.

Posted

Right call, Brady would have made it 10 out of 10 times....

Posted

When you've got the uber athlete at QB who is supposed to be able to run over, around, and past anyone as well as throw on the run why not expect him to be able to make things happen in the open?

Posted

Talent isnt everything in the NFL especially at QB.

You need poise : im not sure he has yet

You need to be even keeled : def does not have that

You need to have proper technique and good accuracy: a work in progress

You need to be intelligent: I would say he is

You need hard work: def has that

so he has things to work on. this is his second year ffs.