Photo
- - - - -

Of all the mistakes Hurney has made Rivera is the worst.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Sad thing is I suspect Richardson put him on a budget when searching for a coach because of the guys we interviewed were never gonna demand much money. Richardson needs to quit fuging around and spend on the best head coach he can find, regardless of the cost.

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hurney shouldnt even be on the team to make any decisions.

but he has made tons of worse decisions than rivera.

#3 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hurney shouldnt even be on the team to make any decisions.

but he has made tons of worse decisions than rivera.

Nothing can set a team back like hiring a shitty coach, especially when odds are the owner wont pull the plug before his contract expires.

#4 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

ok question. What is the job of team president Danny Morrison? surely he has a say to fire Hurney or not. if so that gives me hope it will get done

#5 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

well i know u guys hate stoic rivera but im not in the business of getting coaches fired after only a year and a half.

Hurney has had his chance and failed.

Rivera is still up for debate. it hasnt even been 2 full seasons yet ffs.

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

well i know u guys hate stoic rivera but im not in the business of getting coaches fired after only a year and a half.

Hurney has had his chance and failed.

Rivera is still up for debate. it hasnt even been 2 full seasons yet ffs.

He has done nothing to inspire confidence in us. He got a lot of passes last year because of injuries,lockout,rookie qb, etc.

This year all of his excuses are gone and the team is much improved on paper but yet we seem to be going backwards.

#7 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

I agree about how he has looked so far as a head coach but the season isnt over and im not going to pass judgement on someone that hasnt had at least 2 full seasons.

#8 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm done defending Hurney now too. Rivera is enough to push me over the edge. I like our roster and I think a good coach would maximize our talent and produce better results than we are seeing.

#9 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I try to defend Rivera because he's the guy I wanted, but he's starting to prove me wrong.
Jerk!

#10 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

agreed. just remember all new coaches means new schemes, new playbooks. Usually takes a year or half a season to get down properly.

#11 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

So say you're a candidate in high demand, and the Panthers come calling. They offer a defense with a pro-bowl middle linebacker, and not much else (outside Carolina). On offense, you have some good running backs, Steve Smith, and Jimmy Clausen under center. You also have offers from another team with a decent QB and a very talented defense. And a club that has a great QB, but needs to rebuild their defense is calling. Or maybe your agent has a job at an older club with a big tradition. What do you choose?

Cut to 2013. You get offered a chance to coach a team with Cam Newton under center, and Beason/Kuechly. Does that sound a little more interesting?

#12 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I agree about how he has looked so far as a head coach but the season isnt over and im not going to pass judgement on someone that hasnt had at least 2 full seasons.

Theres no point in firing him right this second. But as soon as the season is over he needs to be gone. I'll be estactic if he makes some changes and gets us back on the right track.

Problem is Rivera seems to think its just flat out bad luck and not his game planning/ game day decisions that are hurting us.

We have never beat a team who did not fire their poo coach the next year or a team with their starting qb playing.

The best team we beat is on their 3rd string coach.

Coaches have more of a bearing on a teams success than anything else and the Saints are a prime example of it right now.

#13 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

agreed. just remember all new coaches means new schemes, new playbooks. Usually takes a year or half a season to get down properly.

This is precisely why I want a new coach.

#14 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Alright...., you get the youngest, most inexpeienced team and the fans demand you win every game in the toughest division with one of the toughest schedules. Who wants the job?

#15 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Jim Harbaugh wants to have a talk with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com