Photo
- - - - -

The Panthers might not be cleaning house.....

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I refuse to continue buying Panthers merchandise if they win more than 7 games in a single season!!!

So far this season I've been to four games, purchased 3 of the $30 t-shirts, paid $20 to park at each game and spent Lord knows how much money buying beer and food for my tailgates. I'm not even counting the countless $7 beers I but in the stadium.

I'm getting a Kuekly jersey for Christmas, too.

This is a cheap season for me so far. What am I spending all my money on? To go to a game and leave pissed off?

#32 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

I wonder how long the OP has been supporting the team, because if you we're gonna throw up your hands and quit, 2010 would have been a better opportunity.

#33 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

I wonder how long the OP has been supporting the team, because if you we're gonna throw up your hands and quit, 2010 would have been a better opportunity.

At least we had a future to look forward to after the 2010 season.

I can't say I'm exited for 2013 either when Rivera, JR, and Hurney are still going to be running this show.

#34 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Living out of state, I end up paying over 20 bucks a week to go to a sports bar to watch the game. I have more expendable income lately, but I did this as a poor graduate student, and it wasn't easy. Spending money to sit in a loud place to watch the Panthers game without commentators just to see the lousy Jake show (post 2008) or the lousy Jimmy show was a pain. I went back week after week, of course, but it wasn't easy. And now, we have 3 terrible games out of 5 again this year. I can't imagine spending the amount of money you stadium guys do to watch that sort of crap. I'd be ticked as well.

#35 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

And before someone rags me about spending 20 bucks at a sports bar, that covers my wife's food as well.

#36 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

I spend way more than 20 bucks in a day at a sports bar watching football. That aint poo...

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

What the OP did is really the only way fans can get Richardson's attention...hit him in the wallet. Why not continue to turn a huge profit every year with an extremely conservative (to the point of fault) approach when the money is going to come in regardless if the team wins or loses.

#38 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Have to agree with the OP, hit em where it hurts in the wallet.

#39 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

And for those that question the OPs fandom....for shame. He is doing more to improve the Panthers than you ever will by blindly accepting mediocrity

#40 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

And for those that question the OPs fandom....for shame. He is doing more to improve the Panthers than you ever will by blindly accepting mediocrity

oh good grief

#41 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Seems like too long.

Im not even sure why this is relevant. If I was 12 years old, at the most it could have only been a couple years. Can I help how my age or how long Ive been supporting the team? What if Im 5? I guess those guys dont have a say so, or a right to be a fan? Seeing how theyve only supported the team for a little bit. For a lot of the old fuggers on the Huddle if you havent been a fan since 95, youre not a real fan. A dumb post is dumb.....

To answer the question....Ive been a fan since 2001 the year of Chris Weinke. The 1-15 year. The year we won our first game and lost the last 15. For almost half my life Ive been a fan.....of a shitty product

There is a difference in watching the games and being a fan. Ive been watching since 96, a fan since 01.

#42 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I get not wanting to attend the games and spend that kind of money on game day.....but selling jerseys is just sort of spiteful with no affect.

#43 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

I get not wanting to attend the games and spend that kind of money on game day.....but selling jerseys is just sort of spiteful with no affect.

Just a pissed consumer. And to be honest the Nike Cam Jersey was a little tight in the shoulders. Im sure Ill be buying again, the question is how soon?

Dont want to sound corny, but it hurts when we lose. You think about it all week, and have good vibes all week only to be let down. It would be different it only happened every once in a while. So for now Im no longer invested financially or as much emotionally.

#44 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

What the OP did is really the only way fans can get Richardson's attention...hit him in the wallet. Why not continue to turn a huge profit every year with an extremely conservative (to the point of fault) approach when the money is going to come in regardless if the team wins or loses.

We really all should write JR as well. If he gets 100 letters or emails you have made a impact.

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,757 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I wish we could organize to the point we could boycott a single game to show how unhappy we are...he might still get the ticket revenue but would lose out on the concessions and merchandise sales. Which would make him take notice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com