Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things to come? Richard Marshall

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think we will see a lot more of 2:14 for sure.

Posted · Report post

I think we will see a lot more of 2:14 for sure.

i expect a lot of that 2:14 action going on. i wouldn't mind what happens at :58 either, i don't care who is on the receiving end of it, though.

we need to be seeing more of those INTs happening.

Posted · Report post

I think we will be seeing a lot from Marshall that we did from Godfrey last year. Big Plays + Big Mistakes. He has been around a few years to get some experience so I'm guessing more of the former.

Posted · Report post

One of the questions lingering in my mind since minicamp is what the relationship between Richard Marshall and Ron Meeks will be like.

At one point between drills when the defense was changing fields, Meeks was heard yelling out "Where's Richard Marshall? Where's Richard Marshall? Is he running?"

On the surface, that makes it sound like Meeks has some questions about Marshall's work ethic. As Jon Beason has mentioned, Meeks demands players who fly around at full speed all the time. I'd add that since Meeks background is as a DB coach, you can expect he'll pay a fair share of attention to the secondary.

If Marshall responds properly to coaching, no issue (just the opposite, really). Comments made by Marshall in recent articles make it sound likely he'll be up to the task, but for now it remains to be seen.

Will likely be something to watch in training camp.

Posted · Report post

That tackle at 2:14 is what Marshall was great at, prior to the last season. In 07-08, he made so many quality tackles like that on running plays to the outside, on hitch patterns and deflections on quick outs when playing up by the line of scrimmage. He was a great tackler during 07-08, and I think the fundamentals are still there. He's always missed some because he usually goes all out for the tackle. This style fits perfectly with Meeks, who like you guys have mentioned, wants players that will be aggressive and if they're going to miss a tackle, miss it going full speed. That's Richard Marshall.

Posted · Report post

That tackle at 2:14 is what Marshall was great at, prior to the last season. In 07-08, he made so many quality tackles like that on running plays to the outside, on hitch patterns and deflections on quick outs when playing up by the line of scrimmage. He was a great tackler during 07-08, and I think the fundamentals are still there. He's always missed some because he usually goes all out for the tackle. This style fits perfectly with Meeks, who like you guys have mentioned, wants players that will be aggressive and if they're going to miss a tackle, miss it going full speed. That's Richard Marshall.
did you notice who that was he was tackling at 2:14?

Posted · Report post

Terrible video quality on my end, but looked like Reggie Bust to me. :D

Posted · Report post

yep

Posted · Report post

Trgo progressively beat the talent and ball skills out of Richard Marshall over the last several years (he did good work with Lucas as well).

Marshall will recover under Meeks. I will not be surprised if he's better than Gamble next year.

Posted · Report post

Marshall will recover under Meeks. I will not be surprised if he's better than Gamble next year.

This

Posted · Report post

Trgo progressively beat the talent and ball skills out of Richard Marshall over the last several years (he did good work with Lucas as well).

well Gamble is a good corner but never has he put together a great season....nor has he proven yet to be worth the money imo.

Posted · Report post

well Gamble is a good corner but never has he put together a great season....nor has he proven yet to be worth the money imo.
what would make him a good corner in your eyes?