140 replies to this topic

#91 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

The main reason I asked was two fold. Main one is Cam's contract is for four years. If you read the question I ask if cam sucks the rest of the year. Thinking being you still give cam next year to prove himself. But if he doesn't then you have a quality rookie in place.

2nd was I did want to get a feeling on what people thought of Geno. But that never happened.

#92 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

i dont think we can commit to another first round pick for a QB even if Cam continues his struggles this year. I think most like Geno but he has some more football left to prove he belongs as a top 5 pick.

#93 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Drafting a QB would be a waste. If I really felt Cam was struggling to grow, I would trade him before next year. You can't let Cam struggle for three years (edit: Actually he didn't struggle his rookie year, but you get my point. Three years in and your best year is your rookie year for a QB? That is a problem for most teams looking at a QB), and expect someone to give you something for him. (Of course with trading him, I would take a QB in the draft, but probably not Geno, because he's going in the top five picks. I intend to trade our pick, especially if we are picking in the top five)

With all that said, Cam has major potential. We seen how he played last year, he just needs someone who believes he can be a full QB, not just a freak of nature. So as GM, I would get rid of Rivera, and hire another coach, an offensive genius to nuture Cam.

#94 Doughboy88

Doughboy88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Lol wut? So you would draft a dt cb de at #1 overall pick instead of trading the pick down?

I would not draft a QB after we found our franchise QB. That is just asking to go backwards. Now I feel like I wasted 10 seconds of my life. Why do I feed people like you..

#95 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

people overreact to everything. It's ridiculous

This is what most fans think it takes to be a proper fan. Unfortunately.

Sure you can fap and whine like there is no tomorrow. Comes with the territory. It is the ones that want to chuck it all in. Give away their tickets, sell or give away their possessions. Or even quit watching. Those are the fans we do not need.

Its as if the Panthers owe them something. Because they invest their time, money, and emotions they deserve to have a winning team. These people probably whine when anything in their life goes awry. Childish is what it is.

Be a man. Suck it up. We are not winning. So fugin what. Nobody wins em all. And most teams have bad times. I hate those fans that feel they are being slighted just because we are struggling.

Hell, I've been a Lions fan for over half a century. In all that time we have won zero playoff games. Sure it hurts. But I am not going to quit being a fan.

The Panthers have been in existence for 17+ years. I guess that is enough time for fans to give up. Losers give up. True fans stick to the team. Fapping all the way for sure. But still hoping for that magical season to come along.

tl,dr version. If you are willing to abandon the Panthers, you are not a fan. You are just a paying customer.

#96 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Uh, no. Spread Option is not meant for Cam. Can't blame him entirely for not playing up to expectations. Spread Option gives the QB a hard time to get into rythm.

#97 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

...Sure you can fap...

I stopped reading there. Sign me up.

#98 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Uh, no. Spread Option is not meant for Cam. Can't blame him entirely for not playing up to expectations. Spread Option gives the QB a hard time to get into rythm.

Spread option isn't meant for the nfl. It is a quick read offense 1 sec of indesivence sp? And the play is screwed. Ifully expect it gone as thebase offense after the bye week.

#99 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I would not draft a QB after we found our franchise QB. That is just asking to go backwards. Now I feel like I wasted 10 seconds of my life. Why do I feed people like you..

That is a question I often ask myself. Why do folks feel the need to feed the trolls?

Geno? Really? I guess with all the kids coming in and playing well even an ACC QB can do it. Nah.

Cam has more potential than any young QB in the league. It is up to the coaching staff to bring that potential to fruition. That is the problem. Not Cam.

But hell, let's waste a first round pick on another QB. That is what the good teams do. Right?

#100 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I stopped reading there. Sign me up.

That's funny I stopped reading when he said ACC QB.

#101 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

The texans drafted David Carr before they had a line. THe 49ers brought in Alex Smith when they could not protect him. There are many who were ruined by putting the cart before the horses. We need a LT (Gross is getting dawged--maybe time for RT) and a RG.

We need a #1 WR. Smitty has been good, but he is a slot WR now.

We need a FS and, in my opinion, a SS.

We need a DT,

We need a CB

Starting to wonder if we need a coach.

"Building through the draft"--Right. Fire Hurney

#102 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

That's funny I stopped reading when he said ACC QB.

Coming from someone who actually believes an ACC QB can push Cam, that is funny.

Dude, Geno has had some good games. But then again, tons of college QBs have good seasons. That is no indication of his ability to push Cam.

I understand your homerism. Just don't expect anyone to follow it. It is a silly idea, made by a hapless homer.

#103 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Coming from someone who actually believes an ACC QB can push Cam, that is funny.

Dude, Geno has had some good games. But then again, tons of college QBs have good seasons. That is no indication of his ability to push Cam.

I understand your homerism. Just don't expect anyone to follow it. It is a silly idea, made by a hapless homer.

Geno plays on the bigXII and right now he is on breaking more records then any qb before him. If you have seen him play you would know he makes every throw and is calm under pressure.

But I will repeat what I said a couple of times in this thread. This was worse case scenerio. In which Cam doesn't improve this season.

#104 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Geno plays on the bigXII and right now he is on breaking more records then any qb before him. If you have seen him play you would know he makes every throw and is calm under pressure.

But I will repeat what I said a couple of times in this thread. This was worse case scenerio. In which Cam doesn't improve this season.

Drafting Geno would be the worse case scenario. Seriously.

Sorry, I forgot the ACC got rid of WVU. Big 12 is so much better for your arguement.

This young team needs help getting over the hump. Drafting a QB would not help. Even a QB that is setting records. Do they have records for half a season?

You want to help Cam? Get him a Defense. Or get him an OC willing to run a big boy offense. But, drafting another QB to push him? Not going to help Cam or the team.

#105 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. Anyone who thought we would fix all of the problems of the 2-14 season in two years was fooling themselves.

Everyone thinks that saying "it's a process" is an excuse, but it also happens to be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.