• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 PanthersFan8912

PanthersFan8912

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Did they or did they not sign Legadon't before Gettis got hurt in training camp? When they signed him, Rivera said that he did not like what he was getting from Gettis and Lafell. So yeah, he had a chance to be underwhelming.

so they moved one of those "underwhelming" guys to the #2 reciever why? If we are saying gettis and lafell are at the same level i dont see why they would cut him. Get a better argument and come back.

#47 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

so they moved one of those "underwhelming" guys to the #2 reciever why? If we are saying gettis and lafell are at the same level i dont see why they would cut him. Get a better argument and come back.

They cut Legs because Lafell stepped up last season and Legs didn't perform as well. He got cut because we saw a chance at other guys, like Murphy.

Gettis isn't at Lafell's level right now. Gettis hasn't played in a couple years. As of this minute, Lafell > Gettis, just based on production. If Gettis sees the field and outperforms Lafell, that will change. If Gettis can't get his job back from Murphy though, then Gettis is gone.

#48 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

He will fit in just like Tolbert has.

God the negativity is hard to shake.

I mean....He'll be great!

Most relaxed weekend in over a year. :)

#49 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

You know how awesome Gettis is? Cam stole his TD celebration.

#50 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

He had 500 yds and 3 tds, How is that stellar? It was nice, but stellar is a big word to use for that.

Jimmy Clausen was the QB, does that help.

#51 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have got to be on here more. We are not saying Gettis and Lafell are on the same level. That was last year in training camp. Are you following me now? Anyway, they cut Nanee after an entire year of seeing how he would fit in the offense. Like the post after mine said, Lafell stepped up and showed the coaches he could possibly be the number two. Plus, if you are building through the draft you have to see if the young guys can play. You like many Panther fans feel like Lafell is vanishing, but fail to acknowledge the playcalling. When his number is called, he performs. He has had some drops too, but he has gaudy yards per reception averages. I do hope Gettis is a good addition and develops, but quit acting like he some sort of game changer that we lack on the current roster. I hope that argument was better.

#52 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

I was a big Gettis fan and he has lots of potential when healthy. But I'm not gonna toot his horn anymore until he gets on the field and makes a play.

Simple and plain.

#53 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

LOL...LA was brought in because LaFell and Gettis weren't grasping the play book. LA was a teacher. When LaFell finally got it, LA was placed in his fitting spot. Does it mean Gettis knows it now? That's yet to be seen, but one would think he should with all the time he's had...now its time to see if it'll translate to the field.

#54 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,990 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

All I know is last camp Gettis was injured, constantly injured

But in the time he did play I was reading he was burning the hell out of our defensive backs, till the final blow

#55 RoadRunner

RoadRunner

Losing suckeths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationDesert

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

I saw enough of Gettis to know I liked him and he seemed like he had great potential, he had another year to mature and I am pulling for his return. Hopefully he will excel at his position and help to get this team back on track. At this point, every little bit helps.

#56 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

He had Jimmeh throwing it to him as a rookie, and still had a stellar year. I agree if he gets back to the same player he was before, he'll push LaFell for #2. He has good speed and good size. A healthy Gettis is definitely better than Murphy, Armanti, Pilares, and Adams.

Defintely better based on what? Talk around the water cooler at work?

#57 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Defintely better based on what? Talk around the water cooler at work?

Based on being a Panther fan for longer than a minute and having seen him play.

#58 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

I really hope Gettis can come back. We saw flashes of a really good player his rookie year. If he can come back he's got huge potential.

He's a track star that can play football or a football player who excelled in track depending on how you look at it. The point is the guy is fast. Steve Smith fast except Gettis is 6'3" and 218 lbs. (Smitty is 5'9" and 185).

While I like Lafell and feel he can be a good receiver our offense excels with receivers who can get down the field fast. Look how often Cam throws deep. It's not called Air Coryell so that we can throw short post routes to a good possession receiver.

Gettis just fits the scheme. Doesn't mean he'll be great but he's got the physical tools that our offensive scheme covents.

Found this on youtube. Check out how often he catches a pass where he's blown by his defender way down the field and then pulls away.

#59 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Are there any new updates on our top secret weapon?

#60 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

You know how awesome Gettis is? Cam stole his TD celebration.

Not many people know that... Kudos for being one of the few

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.