Photo
- - - - -

What is your biggest criticism of the candidate you plan on voting for?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

The tinderbox, like most of America, is pretty divided politically, so I want to hear your own complaints against the person you plan on voting for. Presidential or gubernatorial. I am not locked in 100% yet, but I am leaning towards Obama and McCrory.

Biggest Criticism of Obama: Extending the Patriot Act and signing the 2012 NDAA with provisions about indefinite detention without trial. Pretty sure Obama campaigned against the Patriot Act (maybe not) and I feel the government is encroaching on personal rights with both of these policies.

Biggest Criticism of McCrory: Advocated for Amendment 1. I haven't done as much research on the gubernatorial candidates, but I know McCrory was in favor of Amendment 1 which I wholly oppose.

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Romney - Mormon book salesmen knocking on my door shaking their behinds trying to sell me the Book if Mormon.

His stance on abortion and gay marriage as well. Government should stay out of individual/religion based decisions. But, Obama is a joke and sucks major donkey ass so Romney is the only choice.

#3 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Obama: Tries too hard to please everyone when he should realize the GOP will never work with him no matter what and act accordingly.

McCrory: He supports voter I.D. laws, which I oppose very strongly. This may yet prevent me from voting for him, I honestly haven't decided yet.

#4 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Romney- Not a fan of some of his mixed stances but given Obumas proven track record of massive and complete failure this can be easily overlooked.

McCrory- Can't say that I disagree with any of his policys, Besides Bev Purdue is terrible.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Romney- Not a fan of some of his mixed stances but given Obumas proven track record of massive and complete failure this can be easily overlooked.

McCrory- Can't say that I disagree with any of his policys, Besides Bev Purdue is terrible.

Good thing she's not running...way to be informed there Johnny Party Line

#6 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Good thing she's not running...way to be informed there Johnny Party Line

State politics are of a smaller importance, My distaste for Purdue is mostly for her ruining the bar scene with her anti smoking laws...

And yes I do vote Republican 90% of the time as I have no love for the left.

#7 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

jill stein won't be on the ballot in nc

that's prob my biggest criticism

also lol @ the posters who can't criticize their beloved robot candidate without some "b-b-b-but obummer!"

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

lol @ the posters who can't criticize their beloved robot candidate without some "b-b-b-but obummer!"

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Romney has discussed increasing the defense budget to 4% of GDP, half a percent higher than it is scheduled to be in the 2012/2013 budget. With the war in Iraq over and Afghanistan winding down, 3.5 is probably sufficient.

#10 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,347 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'm a republican but will probably vote for Obama this year. Bottom line is when you vote, choose the candidate that you feel best satisfies your most important concerns. Don't vote because of your party affiliation.

I believe if you vote for Obama, our economy slides further back and if you vote for Romney, we slide further back as a society.

BTW... who is McRory?

#11 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

also lol @ the posters who can't criticize their beloved robot candidate without some "b-b-b-but obummer!"

Yep, he sucks sooo fug it. Lol he is so bad. Worst prez ever.

#12 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

That's literally the only reason why they are voting for Romney. You could have a fuging Mr. Potato head as the republican candidate, and they would still vote for him. He's a pretty shitty candidate and will be a bad president, and will probably pave the way for a Hillary Clinton presidency in 2016.

Anyway, I'm not voting. NC is already going to be a Romney win. I'd vote for Obama solely because we have less of a chance to go into Iran. Both are going to suck corporate cock and our economy will decline further, but at least Obama doesn't want a literal trillion dollar war machine and another war because we have to suck AIPAC's cock.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

what? really? why? can you write her in?

<------- dumbass

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

He's a lying politician.

#15 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

what? really? why? can you write her in?

<------- dumbass

to be eligible to be a write-in candidate, you have to file a petition with 500 signatures. i'm guessing the nc chapter of the green party was caught sleeping or they don't want to play spoiler to obama, but this is just speculation. anyway the website says they're currently litigating the issue so who knows? but as of right now if you write her name on the ballot, it will be thrown out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com