HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Pathetic.

#15 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

it's very sad indeed but ya, as cold as it sounds, she kind of dealt herself her own hand to play with

#16 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

The parents must feel awful.

It never amazes me how cruel a group of kids can be. My friends were pretty bad, but nothing that damages someone like this. This facebook generation is whack

#17 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

social media plays an extreme part in all of this for sure

back in the day you could run away from it or be 'safe' at home etc. Nowadays people can't fnd the 'off' button so they see it everywhere.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

social media plays an extreme part in all of this for sure

back in the day you could run away from it or be 'safe' at home etc. Nowadays people can't fnd the 'off' button so they see it everywhere.

This.

I struggle to have sympathy for the bullied because back in my day if you got bullied you either manned up and entered a battle or just walked away. But that is because I'm out if touch.

Kids get so ingrained in Facebook, or their game clan or whatever and this is what drives bullying.

I asked my 7 year old about what to do about bullying and he looks me in the eye and says
"First you tell them to stop. If that doesn't work you walk away. If that doesn't work you say something really nice to them. If that doesn't work get help from an adult."

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

it's amazing that people would use this as an opportunity to troll.

the internet makes you invincible so you can say and do whatever you want. you can tell people to kill themselves and claim innocence.

crap....she was just a kid. all kids make mistakes but some just have them snowball out of control and people who think they are made bigger by stepping on other people will take advantage of the kids weakness.

parents should have done more early, but i'm sure they thought what most parents thought....that's the kind of stuff that happens to other people's kids. my kid won't do that kind of stuff. she's a good kid. she'll be alright. then one day cops show up like they did at this girls house saying that topless pics are up on the internet. and then the kid is crying every night because she's getting bullied. parents rarely realize how bad it is and how bad it can get, esp, now with facebook. kids are getting bolder and meaner and they aren't learning anything from their parents either.

i'm sure it snowballed out of control for them just like it did for her. the suicide was just another mistake, but at that age and with that much hell burning around her, i'm not surprised that she went that route.

my wife and i spent 2+ years working with troubled teenage girls living in our house. we had about 35 different kids live with us during that time (6-8 at a time) and during that time we had two suicide attempts happen in our house. one girl (14years old) ran away, hitchhiked and got picked up by a truck driver who raped her and dropped her off. she was in shock and thought she was pregnant. she more or less got herself in that situation, but she's not responsible for what that guy did to her. just like that amanda todd wasn't responsible for kids taking advantage of her and bullying her the way they did. they and they alone are responsible for their actions. they had a choice and they did something that made it seemingly impossible for this amanda girl to find a way out of.

that girl that got raped had this happen a couple days before she got to us. within 3 days she tried to kill herself. she didn't succeed, but she got help that amanda's parent's probably didn't know about or have access to. we had another girl who was a victim of sexual abuse for several years (which was the case for 90% of the girls we had) and it had such an effect on her that she had a couple psychotic breaks and tried killing herself 3 times, one of them in our house, slitting her wrist after she barricaded herself in her room. i broke through just after she had cut herself.

you NEVER know how any of this stuff is going to affect someone and just because some kids go through it more or less fine, doesn't mean that they all will or are capable of. they all have their breaking point.

she made a couple mistakes...doing what many kids do, trying to be accepted. people choice to abuse that and she couldn't cope. it's not her fault that people took advantage of her. she's not responsible for people doing her wrong, regardless of her making herself a target. the tough thing is, that those kids who took advantage of her will never be punished (at least in this life) for what they did because they had the benefit of being anonymous and they can say that they didn't make her do any of those things. they didn't have to do that, though. they didn't have to keep on pushing a weak kid.

love your kids. love those people around you. more importantly, though, teach others how to love and treat others with respect. tell your kids to help the weak rather than push them down and around.

#20 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, i try to help out the troubled teen girls as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users