Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Manager/Directors

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Those who think Hurney is safe: Think about JR's decisions to gut the roster. He could not fire MH for that. I even think it was JR's decision to preserve the core. I think JR got involved in the decision-making during the lock out.

Hurney's performance has been enough to get him fired, however. I doubt JR is getting involved in the drafting of players. So, we spend all of our cap room re-signing the core and all we need is a few good drafts. Hurney knows that the draft is how he is evaluated (he used to be good with contracts), and he has not drafted players to compliment the veterans JR wanted re-signed.

Hurney knows that cutting Clausen, Edwards, etc. reflects poorly on him. He said Edwards is on a three-year plan and speaks as if he is progressing according to plan. Really? Fox HATED the Clausen and Edwards picks--he wanted a WR and DT.

Posted

After Sorenson wrote his column about Hurney, the one where he questioned his decisions to re-sign DWill, etc. I emailed him. I never do that kind of thing, but I worked with him at the Observer in the 80s.

Here is an excerpt: "Fans need somebody to blame. He's the obvious choice. I'd give him the rest of this season."

Anytime the fans need someone to blame, as they have in 7 of the past 8 years, it should be the general manager. I found this answer a bit tame considering his Interview was slanted criticism. He caught Hurney in a lie, quoted Hurney quoting his mother about toughness, and made him stick to his guns about paying Stewart and WIlliams a ton after quoting their statistics. He exposed Hurney as one who is unwilling to change or admit errors.

If we lose another three or four games before sniffing a win, Hurney will not be able to go out to dinner in North or South Carolina.

Posted

I'm not really sure what's up with Hurney but its been one bad decision after another. Its clear now Fox was the scape goat to his failure. As Mr.Scot has said if your a good soldier you get rewarded and if not you get the boot. Well Fox would not go along with the "plan" so he got the boot. One things for sure though, if Rivera does not work out Hurney is gone as well. JR holds on to people too long but he still gives them the boot if things don't shape up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hearing that Pioli may not get an extension after all till after the season. Pioli anyone???? Hasn't been great in KC but maybe an upgrade over Hurney.

Posted

Piolo is a big fugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg no

DeCosta would be my first choice, then maybe Hughes

Posted

marc ross (head of college scouting for the giants)

1 person likes this

Posted

Pioli would be an upgrade.

He just needs a QB, and to not hire a tired old coach in Romeo.