Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama is Blazing a New Trail . . .

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Holy sh*t man............................................................ You liberals are so f*cking misguided. All hail The Barry. LOL

Your boy did a GREAT job of getting Guantanimo shut down. LOL :cheers2:

:lol: You silly little man I am an Independent. Far from a liberal but the fact is I and prob you will never see social security and when we turn old and gray I dont want to see 1,000's of dollar of medical bills rolling in.

Posted

All of these tree hugging liberals waiting for a handout would surely love Universal Healthcare.....another freebie at the expense of those who worked hard, got an education, and made a success of their lives.

Do you have kids? Do you think I enjoy paying for their education? I do....because I understand the importance of educating and investing in our future.

Posted

I am actually a very liberal person. My stance on universal health care has nothing to do with party ideology, and everything to do with the fact that it would drive us further in debt that Obama has already started(dont get me stared on the $700 billion democratic circle jerk, er, stimulus plan that is mostly pork and what little "stimulus" there is will do very little to stimulate the economy). More spending is never the answer. We should let businesses fail, no business is too big to fail. If they failed in the first place, obviously it wasnt viable to begin with.

Health care administered by the government would be the same. The country is too big to work anyway, add in the prohibitive cost and it will be an abject failure, much like FDR's new deal, and will actually lengthen the recession, much like the new deal and other works projects FDR instituted greatly lengthened the Great Depression.

Posted

Do you have kids? Do you think I enjoy paying for their education? I do....because I understand the importance of educating and investing in our future.

Yes i do have kids...and yes I am putting away money to invest in their future.

The problem is that the people who want universal Healthcare because it means they get something for free fail to understand that someone is in fact paying for it....just not them. Their stance that others can afford to pay and therefore should pay for them is absurd.

I am all for helping someone who is working to help themselves. Problem is there are WAY too many people looking to "work" the system.

Point in fact...I was watching TV yesterday morning in the waiting room of a Ballantyne based automotive repair shop (getting new tires on car). An infomercial came on that was all about how there is grant money, bailout money, etc.. for people to receive....and the whole bit was about how they did not have to pay it back.

Person after person gave testimonials how they got "free money" for house downpayments, renovations, starting a new business, etc.... Everyone of them kept talking about how it was free...and they did not have to pay for it.

Fact is that every dollar these freeloaders get come on the backs of others who are paying into the system.

Posted

I looked at my previous statement and may need to clarify it because it may sound like I have kids. I do not have kids yet I pay for education because I understand the benefits to education (plus I think homeschooled kids are friggin weird) So should only people that use a specific service have to pay for it? I don't think so...the burden should be spread across everyone.

Posted

I just love watching liberals line up and say "Me, me, me, me, me!!!!" if there is ever the prospect of a free government handout.

Yeah, I would be right there with them if I was not busy owning my own business, providing my own healthcare, etc.

Posted

I looked at my previous statement and may need to clarify it because it may sound like I have kids. I do not have kids yet I pay for education because I understand the benefits to education (plus I think homeschooled kids are friggin weird) So should only people that use a specific service have to pay for it? I don't think so...the burden should be spread across everyone.

sorry dude...just tired of hearing and seeing people want more and more for free. Nothing is for free.

Where did it ever become my responsibility to support others just because I worked hard and made a success of my life.

We could pay for damn near all of this if we could somehow stop the sheer waste and mismanagment that goes on in the current programs.

Posted

Yeah, I would be right there with them if I was not busy owning my own business, providing my own healthcare, etc.

This...... As a person coming from a small family owned business we all have to pay of health care and its not cheep. Think how much Business could save without having to give health care to there worker. Thats extra pay that goes into the workers pockets. Thats why I dont understand why anyone would not want to know the hospitals are gonna take care of you when you need it.

Posted

:lol: You silly little man I am an Independent. Far from a liberal but the fact is I and prob you will never see social security and when we turn old and gray I dont want to see 1,000's of dollar of medical bills rolling in.

Good, cause you will not see thousands of dollars of medical bills. Because if The Barry gets his way and we get socialized healthacre, we will be sent off to pasture to die when we get old. You see, that's what happens when you ration health care. You weigh the pros of saving a 30-40 year old versus the cons of saving a 70 year old. The government decides whose life is more important.

:lol: Silly little liberal hiding behind the independent tag so he can sit on the sidelines.

Posted

It's ok to save the babies before they are born but once they get here they're fuged.

Posted

The problem is that the people who want universal Healthcare because it means they get something for free fail to understand that someone is in fact paying for it....just not them. Their stance that others can afford to pay and therefore should pay for them is absurd.

I am all for helping someone who is working to help themselves. Problem is there are WAY too many people looking to "work" the system.

Point in fact...I was watching TV yesterday morning in the waiting room of a Ballantyne based automotive repair shop (getting new tires on car). An infomercial came on that was all about how there is grant money, bailout money, etc.. for people to receive....and the whole bit was about how they did not have to pay it back.

Person after person gave testimonials how they got "free money" for house downpayments, renovations, starting a new business, etc.... Everyone of them kept talking about how it was free...and they did not have to pay for it.

Fact is that every dollar these freeloaders get come on the backs of others who are paying into the system.

Getting my "information" from infomercials while waiting in a car repair shop, why didn't I think of that?

Posted

Getting my "information" from infomercials while waiting in a car repair shop, why didn't I think of that?

Cause you ride a moped?