Photo
- - - - -

What is the Trade Value of the Number One Overall Pick in 2013?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm not saying the Panthers will be picking one per say, but the way things going, it's not a stretch to believe we might have it. So if we do get it (of course it means Rivera is probably fired, along with his staff), what is the trade value with it? Last time we had it, I was hoping someone would trade up to get Cam. Now as things turned out, Cam turned out to be a great talent. He still has kinks to work out, and I believe a good HC will do him wonders. (Also watching a lot of tape on Peyton Manning's career. Cam needs to learn how to call offenses like that, and this guy would be unstoppable)

However going back to 2011, no one wanted to trade up to get Cam. No team wanted to take a chance on Cam. This year, Matt Barkley was supposed to be the unquestioned number one overall pick, but he hasn't been spectacular this season. (Which even if he was still the clear cut number one, people wouldn't want to trade up to get him) Geno Smith was doing great until this past Saturday. My theory is who ever has the second overall pick, is going to get the big trade. Why? If Geno and Matt are seen as equal talent, teams in need of QBs will wait until the second pick, so they won't have to trade as much to move to number one. What are everyone's thoughts concerning this?

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,648 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Probably a future 1st and 2nd.
This year has so much great talents that someone will trade up unlike the 2011 draft.

#3 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm thinking a good trade would be with Kansas City.

Chiefs get- 1st overall pick
Panthers get- top 10 pick, next yrs 1st, this years 2nd

Our draft would then look like this for 2013

1st- top ten pick
2nd- two top ten picks
4th
5th
7th

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

That looks right or a 3rd.

#5 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

rams got a current 1st (top 10 pick) and 2nd, and two future 1st rounders for the #2 spot

it depends on how the QBs are perceived going into the draft, how many teams are interested in moving up, and if the GM negotiating the trade is worth a damn. but all in all you should be able to get something similar in trade

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,648 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

rams got a current 1st (top 10 pick) and 2nd, and two future 1st rounders for the #2 spot

it depends on how the QBs are perceived going into the draft, how many teams are interested in moving up, and if the GM negotiating the trade is worth a damn. but all in all you should be able to get something similar in trade

I don't think it'll be as much as what the Rams got this year. It'll still be good value but not going to be anywhere close to it. Next year draft has a lot more talents at the QB position that they can still stay near the middle of the draft and still be in great position to draft one unlike this year with just two sure QB in Luck and Griffin. A future 1st and a 2nd/3rd will probably get it done next year.

(Geno, Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Logan Thomas, Landry Jones)

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

we should pray Geno Smith and Matt Barkley have great seasons/pre-draft evaluations should we have a top pick

#8 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Cardinals, Raiders, Chiefs, Jaguars, Jets, Bills... all of these teams are desperate for a franchise QB. I have no doubt that one of them will pay big

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,569 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

We won't pick first and we need whatever blue chip guy our absurdly high pick will garner.

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Picking third after today I thnk

#11 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

we should pray Geno Smith and Matt Barkley have great seasons/pre-draft evaluations should we have a top pick

Yep - Geno was looking like a guy teams would give up the world for. Not looked as sharp the last couple of weeks. A team like KC will have to take a chance on whoever they think the best QB is.

#12 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

With our luck we'll end up with the #3 overall pick and Barkely and Smith will be the only 2 QBs that look like they're worth trading the farm for. The Browns or whoever ends up with the #2 will get a boat load of picks for the #2 like the Rams did and we'd be lucky to get a 2nd to trade down a few spots for someone wanting Jarvis Jones.

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

In the scenario I described, I'd want us to take Lotulelei (or Hankins) with our first pick (preferably no lower than #5 to minimize the chance we miss out on the top DT) and package our two 2nd round picks to move back into the 1st to take one of the upper tier WRs (Allen, Hunter, maybe Woods or that kid from Clemson).

#14 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

We could draft one of the QB's and trade Cam for a 1st

Never know, given Cam's attitude and rap sheet and what new Regime will think of him.....IF there is an option like Barkley or Geno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.