• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#76 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

i'm wondering if rivera brought up IR or if it was just something that a reporter brought up and asked him about and rivera said "we aren't ruling it out". could be a big old smokescreen brought up by punk beat reporters trying to cause a stir and make themselves seem relevant.

not counting on all that...but i wouldn't put it past any beat reporters to do something like this.

I was waiting till someone would try to make this sound like he's pulling a Belichick.

This man:

Posted Image

is an expert at mind games.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

just asked person if rivera mentioned IR or if it was something that reporters brought up and he just responded to.

here was his response...

josephperson
@panther_ray we asked about it; he said it was "tough to say." check the timeline: no one said it was a done deal

i tried to get him to clarify what rivera said because earlier person said that rivera just didn't rule it out...

josephperson
Ron Rivera did not totally dismiss the possibility that Beason and/or Gamble could be put on IR, saying Panthers will know more Thursday.

josephperson
To clarify, Rivera said Panthers will know more FRIDAY; didn't say they're headed to IR; but left open the possibility.

i told person that it sounded like reporters were fishing.

i mean it wouldn't surprise me that we lose those two the way the season is going, but this very well could be much ado about nothing.

#78 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I was waiting till someone would try to make this sound like he's pulling a Belichick.

This man:

Posted Image

lol...not saying that at all.

it just sounded like the reporters were almost making more of it than needed when rivera didn't have any clear idea of the situation. he just said he would know more on friday.

i'm all for hitting the panic button now...call it a preemptive panic...but it's still likely that it's not as bad as the reporters were making it out to be.

#79 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

So I guess it will be blitz and blitz some more in hope to negate Romo.

yeah, it worked so well against Atlanta and Ryan

#80 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, this is why you don't have only 4 CBs at secondary when you know its weak .

If Gamble can't go, Josh Thomas/Captain on Miles Austin/Ogletree will be great....for Miles Austin and Ogletree

#81 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

ATL>>>>DAL
ryan >>> romo

so, yeah it could work.

romo is far from being cool in the pocket and composed under pressure. he's notorious for taking a hit and have it shake him for the next few plays.

#82 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

yeah, and playing off man worked so well against Giants and Manning.

I will rather die trying than playing that soft poo

#83 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm not too concerned about Gamble or Beason. Our defense sucks with or without them. Ultimately, it's the offense that makes this team go. I'm not confident this staff has made any significant changes in their gameplan, so I don't expect much. Yet if we run our offense like we ran it last year, we will actually be competitive throughout the season. (And will win against the Cowboys)

#84 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

yeah, and playing off man worked so well against Giants and Manning.

I will rather die trying than playing that soft poo

yep. we absolutely can't be playing soft zone crap. ride in their back pockets all night and risk getting a PI call or two.

meanwhile throw everything you can at romo and try to rattle his fragile brain. that's the only hope the defense has.

oh...and hit felix REAAALLLYYY hard and make that piece of glass break so he doesn't end up killing us. just make sure that it isn't a late hit or a cheap shot...or at least don't be obvious with it.

#85 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

ATL>>>>DAL
ryan >>> romo

so, yeah it could work.

romo is far from being cool in the pocket and composed under pressure. he's notorious for taking a hit and have it shake him for the next few plays.

so you think we can sack Romo 7 times like we did Ryan and he will fold like a cheap suit?

#86 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,553 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

From the Drive.

Beason says he is not hurt bad enough to be put on IR, regarding Rivera not ruling out putting him & Gamble on IR today.4:35pm - 18 Oct 12

#87 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Everytime we get into a season where our shot is pretty much done, we start putting players on IR...

#88 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

so you think we can sack Romo 7 times like we did Ryan and he will fold like a cheap suit?

Take away Nakamura's fug-up and we beat Atl. I'll stick to my previous post. Throw caution to the wind and blitz.

#89 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

This man:

Posted Image

LMAO??!!!

#90 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

From this incredibly detailed medical diagnosis i am prepared to put that bitch Miss Cleo out of business and tell everyone what our season record, new staff, and new uniforms will be as soon as i can give you an even more accurate weather forecast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com