• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Or completely unregulated should I say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7rWtDMPaRD8

At 18, I was pulled over by police in a small town REPEATEDLY for no legitimate reason (unless you count dating interracially, which I suspect was the reason). In one particular instance, a cop watched me leave work while talking with my manager, then got in his car, followed me, and then pulled me over. Despite never having a taste of alcohol in my life, I was asked to get out of my car and give a breathalyzer, I was patted down for drugs twice and had my car searched twice in the same stop - all at around 2 am, with no one around.

This kind of stuff is a huge factor in why I don't trust cops.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

as someone who lives in NYC. The cops are totally out of control.

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

as someone who lives in NYC. The cops are totally out of control.

Yeah man, that video/audio that the kid got is disturbing. It feels as if any one thing he says could get him killed at any minute.

The kicker? In the audio, they recognize him for being a former youth involved in a pro-police program (Explorers?), and they realize his dad is actually an officer himself (a traffic cop).

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

That has happened to me like 3 times. I always get accused of drinking when I have never drunk any alcohol in my life. and I have to give breathalizers and get patted down. If they don't have anything to get you on, then they can't do anything. Happens to everybody. Cops are terrible people. This one time my friend Beefus and I were in the drive through at Bojangles and all of the sudden we were surrounded by Cops on both sides with their guns drawn on us. As I was trying to order my chicken my door got ripped open for no reason and I was thrown to the ground. We layed on the ground and got beat and patted down. Apparently his truck kind of sort fit the description of a truck they were looking for with young guys shooting houses with paintball guns. All except the truck was red and the truck they were looking for was supposed to be blue. They finally realized it wasn't us and let us go. We got like 5 buckets of free chicken, biscuits and sides and free sweet deal for our ordeal and great fun was had by all. Also those cops got suspended. I'm tired of dealing with stupid ass poilce

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

LOL, had another similar experience. I went to visit my girlfriend (future wife) one night, and she told me to park between her grandmother's yard and the neighbors. Well, the neighbor had just passed away within the week or two before that. I stayed over there a few hours, went outside and walked up to my car to get in and these two sedans come speeding up with the engines roaring on a residential street.

It was dark, so I couldn't see they were police cars... UNTIL they cornered me in on each side of the car and threw their lights on and jumped out. I had started to put my keys in to unlock the door and they yelled stop or something... Almost scared the piss out of me... They started questioning me and I can't remember if they made me put my hands up or whatever but I'll never forget one of them saying, "What's wrong with you? Why are you acting so nervous?"

LOL.

I told him, "well, I was just leaving my girlfriend's house, it's late, two cars come out of nowhere and box me in, and then you jump out yelling at me and I have no idea what's going on."

Apparently, some neighbors across the street called because they thought my car was parked in front of the recently deceased neighbor's house. Regardless, my wife came out and told them what was going on and they completely ignored her and proceeded to search my car per usual.

SMH...

#6 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

You guys are oblivious. This is hilarious

/hatter impression.

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

So yeah....police......

#8 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,997 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

a bunch of text

we had neighbors just like that in the neighborhood i grew up in. they were an old married couple that would just sit by the window and call the police at the drop of a hat if they noticed anything "suspicious".

really i find it hard to believe that there are still people out there who think cops should have more unchecked power for search and seizure. i think among several other things (private prison complex lobbying and influencing sentencing and laws for one) it's the trickle down effect of the "tough on crime" pissing matches you see from local and state politicians. it ultimately becomes a quantity > quality game where the number of arrests and however many jillions of dollars in contraband seized is all that matters.

#9 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

In an interim order issued Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin, the New York Police Department is required to immediately halt its controversial “stop and frisk” policy unless officers have a specific cause to initiate a search.

http://www.rawstory....d-frisk-policy/

The cops in NYC are nutso though. My brother got a ticket for using his cellphone while parked. In a parking space.

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

You guys are oblivious. This is hilarious

/hatter impression.

i will play your little game...

hey, I don't have anything intelligent to say, so I will try and be funny.

/COW impression

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

But seriously.....there is an issue with profiling in the police force. That is a fact.

I do not condone pulling someone over on a whim and I do not agree with profiling....if it is only based on race, appearance, etc.

#12 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

i will play your little game...

hey, I don't have anything intelligent to say, so I will try and be funny.

/COW impression

Never claimed to be intelligent.

Policy ruled unconstitutional.

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Wait...stop the presses.

In a state known to be one of the most liberal/least free states in the union the cops are going overboard?

#14 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I was in NYC and encountered "NY's finest" as I was in Manhattan parked and a Dodge Intrepid (yr is 2000) pulls beside me with four dudes in lumberjack shirts. One jumps out, knocks on the passenger window and asks me if that was my car and his buddy jumps out of the car running around to the driver side of the vehicle I was driving. I finally realized they were cops and looking at their operation I was totally stunned and confused. The guy in the passenger window saw my reaction (no fear) and called his buddy off. I think I was about to get dragged out of my car for no reason. Supposedly my rental car "fit the description" whatever that means :-/

They play a very dangerous game running around like that in plain clothes. I can see why there would be confusion. Needless to say, their war on the community needs to stop.

#15 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

http://www.rawstory....d-frisk-policy/

The cops in NYC are nutso though. My brother got a ticket for using his cellphone while parked. In a parking space.

What was the charge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com