Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

The US has about a 5-7 year window to get the economy right. Or fall way behind.

26 posts in this topic

As an American I don't want China being the bull of the woods. If the US falls as the top dog I can see China invading Japan and Taiwan in the near future.

As an American I don't want China being the bull of the woods. If the US falls as the top dog I can see China invading Japan and Taiwan in the near future.

Taiwan, for sure.

nano you kinda suppor my point. the leverage is out of wack. if more people don't start working that 1% gets more.

I really don't see how this process ends well for the vast majority of Americans.

The problem is our current financial system encourages / rewards behavior focused on the quick buck and to hell with the long term social and economic consequences.

We are experiencing an economic version of slash-and-burn and just like the agricultural version it is unsustainable.

and yet again there is lots of irony and double standards financially. at one point the Cal Teachers Pension owned the most oil stocks and now they own a ton of Chinese construction companies.

speaking of Cali, this seems kind of odd. in Sept they didn't file or forgot to file their jobless claims. so that caused the jobless claim #'s to bounce. also happens around the same time the following week of the Oct payroll employee survey. maybe Jack Welch spoke to soon but for a state the size of Ca NOT to file is umm, odd.

Most Americans cannot seem to grasp how much money the US spends on our Military in relation to the rest of the world. The US and her allies will not be trifled with militarily even if we slip a rung or two on the economic scale.

China will not be considering much less attempting to invade Japan within the lifetime of anyone reading this post.

China is the master of long term (multi-generational) planning. As time proceeds, China's regional economic power will dramatically increase, Taiwan will be economically and politically engulfed within the Chinese economic sphere without a shot being fired.

1 person likes this

ohhhhh china the bogeyman, right

china has its problems but the quaking fear over it is downright ridiculous. duck and cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

get some time with smart money managers and ask them about China. if they are honest they will say China is slowing down. despite that they are soon to be the main cog.

If I were Romney, our "allies" would only be so as long as they pulled their weight in the defense of their own country and the potential to help the US of needed. Otherwise, we need to use another word other than ally. This would coincide with the cut in the defense budget, and all other budgets.

1 person likes this

ohhhhh china the bogeyman, right

china has its problems but the quaking fear over it is downright ridiculous. duck and cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'd imagine there were some who once said the same of Germany and Russia.

I'd imagine there were some who once said the same of Germany and Russia.

china has bested the world for thousands of years on nearly every front, with a slight hiccup in the 19th century. not a new phenomenon