Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

NCSU-UNC

264 posts in this topic

Screw job? The ball was coming loose before it touched the ground. Plus, he wasn't touched, so he wasn't down. Ball hits ground and ball is out of his hands, no possession, fumble.

In any event, 25-7 Heels. This team is no slouch, especially when this is essentially our bowl game. Fed Spread rules.

WOW... 25-14, and I just realized that was the end of the 1st quarter. WOW.

Diggin' this helmet. Cool to see UNC loosen the reigns on the uniforms a bit.

1 person likes this

Screw job? The ball was coming loose before it touched the ground. Plus, he wasn't touched, so he wasn't down. Ball hits ground and ball is out of his hands, no possession, fumble.

In any event, 25-7 Heels. This team is no slouch, especially when this is essentially our bowl game. Fed Spread rules.

I'm not a fan of either team but he had complete control of the ball in one hand and landed on the hand with the ball in it. I don't know in what world that is not a ground caused fumble. Try to take the homer glasses off every once in a while.

I'm not a fan of either team but he had complete control of the ball in one hand and landed on the hand with the ball in it. I don't know in what world that is not a ground caused fumble. Try to take the homer glasses off every once in a while.

I am watching the game with some State fans who immediately flipped out when they saw the replay. They agreed it is a fumble. If you look at the replay from behind, in slow motion, you see the ball coming loose in his hand. Then it hits the ground and he loses it. His hand didn't touch the ground, the ball touched the ground. He was never down by contact. It is literally no different than if he dropped the ball from his hand completely. The ball was the first thing to touch, he lost the ball, that is a fumble. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just know them.

Despite the anal raping by the refs, here come the pack.

Yep. Weather the initial storm, change the defense a little.