Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatfanMO

HURNEY OUT!

224 posts in this topic

Rivera makes it until the end of the season due to the fact that we do not have a viable candidate for interim HC on staff. Once the season ends though the new GM will completely clean house. This includes purging the roster of a lot of the older vets with massive contracts I believe (DWill, Gross, maybe Beason).

1 person likes this

ross_22.png

or

Eric-DeCosta.jpg

DeCosta has a huge contract with the Ravens, not gonna happen.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl

Just texted a GM with the Hurney news: "Sorry to hear that. But u can't pay 2 RBs and not run the ball. Something wasn't right there."

Pretty much this.

I'd be down with Marc Ross.

This makes me truly happy.. NOW get someone who will draft and acquire Winners on this team, not just guys here for a million dollar paycheck.

I see alot of dead wait being show the door with a good kick in the ass on the way out!

1 person likes this

I am completely and utterly shocked.

I logged on hoping to see that JR did something to shake up the organization (as I have after the last 3 losses, lol)... I saw the "GM Options" thread and wrote it off as another "Coaching Candidates Thread." I thought nothing of it... Just fans dreaming.

I can't believe JR actually did it.

But, I'm not gonna act like most of these jackholes and celebrate a man losing his job. I went from being pro-Hurney to a detractor, pretty much this season b/c I realized that he hired the wrong staff and continuing to ignore positions of need and refusing to sign proven vets hurt us.

I feel bad for him because I know he wanted to win, but he was extremely stubborn.

My only hope is we get the right guy in here and don't get someone worse. Too bad JR waited until Joe Banner was already swiped up by the Browns.

Wow. Just wow...

1 person likes this

As far as replacements, I would be cool with Ross, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope JR opens up the checkbook and can lure DeCosta from Baltimore.

Person via twitter: Panthers not expected to name an acting GM. Rest of the front office and scouting dept. expected to remain in place for the time being.

Great news! Now let's see if JR hires another puppet or puts the team on the right track. I'd expect Ron to be gon e as well,but that won't happen until a new GM is hired. If the season is already a wash JR won't pay Ron to sit at home

As far as replacements, I would be cool with Ross, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope JR opens up the checkbook and can lure DeCosta from Baltimore.

Eh. Isn't it impossible to get DeCosta since he signed a contract? A really big one at that?

MY PETITION WORKED!