#2 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yeah he is... I think that the players have obviously developed relationships with Marty throughout the years. It's very possible that Marty is a great dude, and based off of player reactions thus far, I'd say that's true.

It doesn't mean that he's made the best business decisions for this franchise though... Time will tell. I kind of feel like maybe this was the wrong move, but that's just because I feel sorry for the man. My gut tells me that it was the right move

#3 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah he is... I think that the players have obviously developed relationships with Marty throughout the years. It's very possible that Marty is a great dude, and based off of player reactions thus far, I'd say that's true.

It doesn't mean that he's made the best business decisions for this franchise though... Time will tell. I kind of feel like maybe this was the wrong move, but that's just because I feel sorry for the man. My gut tells me that it was the right move

In Hurney's first year, my son and I ran into him in Charlotte. Talked to my son for about 20 minutes, Seemed like a great guy. Could never understand why we hired a sports writer as a GM though.

#4 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I get the feeling that Big Cat's biggest beef with Hurney turned out to have nothing to do with team talent or drafts.

I suspect it has to do with this coaching staff. I'm thinking he's looking at the hot mess these horrible coaches are trotting out and he finally got sick of it.

If I was a Carolina Panthers coach, I'd be feeling a whole new sense of urgency right about now.

#5 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Of course the players like Hurney, he gave them money.

#6 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, for anybody saying this isn't a good move or it's poor timing....hear me out.

This is a message to the coaching staff. Get it together, start fielding a good product, or you're gone when the new GM gets in and wants somebody else. If they show out and we SOMEHOW get around 7-9 or 8-8 this year, then they MIGHT be safe, at least another year. This has nothing to do with anything except Hurney's hiring of the coaching staff that has us in a hot mess (and yes, it is coaching).

#7 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Of course the players like Hurney, he gave them money.

Every RB in the league sent Hurney Christmas cards with personalized message in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com