Photo
- - - - -

Fundamental Question: How do people buy in to Mormonism...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#16 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

You should give backpedaling lessons.

I figure if Obama can...

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

Take it in

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

Most mormons are really fine people, articulate and intelligent. What is is about religion that allows them to just throw all of that out the window and suspend all manner of reason?

SOme of the nicest people in the world. I've been to SLC quite a bit and it amazes me to the point that I'm freaked out how they go out of there way to be that nice and accomodating. I say any religion that kind of value system into people cannot be 1/2 bad even if its all mularkey.

I'm still trying to find out where they chipped me.

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

I figure if Obama can...

lol

translation: I look pretty silly, lets change the subject.

get used to it.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,990 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

So splain to me how this particular thread elevated our overall consciousness to grow in our faith or the pursuit of faith?

#21 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

If you ever want a Mormon to bugger off, ask them what kind of god they're going to be.

Truth.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

By realizing that believing in magical beings who give you stuff if you live a good life and follow the rules is silly wishful thinking?

#23 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

http://www.reviewsof...nner_of_heaven/

Really good book. Thorough research.

But when you start going over in your head how crazy their beliefs are you start thinking about the early beginnings of Christianity and how many people thought the same things about Christians. Is mis-placed Faith worse than no Faith at all?

#24 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

Seriously? I think that would be a huge headache.

Now, one that allows 3 or 4 mistresses, well...

Yes... one is bad enough, but 3 or 4 to nag you? The mistresses thing would work though... sounds like we need to start our own religion, I mean how hard could it be?

See...
I'm thinking that 4 might just be the critical mass needed to ensure one of your wives was always "in the mood". Top it off with a little careful selection and you might just end up with a permanent 3 or even 4 some.

Now combine that with the very patriarchal family structure of Mormon households and looks like a recipe for bliss.

#25 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

See...
I'm thinking that 4 might just be the critical mass needed to ensure one of your wives was always "in the mood". Top it off with a little careful selection and you might just end up with a permanent 3 or even 4 some.

Now combine that with the very patriarchal family structure of Mormon households and looks like a recipe for bliss.

4 women living together will quickly synchronize their cycles.

You might have to take a week off every month...

#26 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'm pretty sure that if you're sealed(married) in the mormon church that the belief is that you must say a secret word to release your wife's spirit into the afterlife, otherwise her spirit languishes here on Earth. So, that's something pretty big to hang over her head to pressure her, or any number of wives into doing whatever you want.

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,542 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

all i know is david archuletta is a prime arguement against the sanity of mormons

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'm pretty sure that if you're sealed(married) in the mormon church that the belief is that you must say a secret word to release your wife's spirit into the afterlife, otherwise her spirit languishes here on Earth. So, that's something pretty big to hang over her head to pressure her, or any number of wives into doing whatever you want.

Damn, that sounds like a pretty good deal there...
"Put out or go to hell, your choice..."

:D

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

So splain to me how this particular thread elevated our overall consciousness to grow in our faith or the pursuit of faith?

Are you a mormon?

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

This is Zod's opening salvo against Romney in 2012.

Zod is a gopher, and in order to defeat a gopher, I have to think like one, act like one, and whenever possible, look like one.

And that's all she wrote.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com