Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeray

A Historical Perspective on the Dreaded QB "Regression"

38 posts in this topic

But hey, who need factual evidence when you can have anecdotal evidence that is unprovable and is not disprovable.

highlandfire can answer that for you

2 people like this

Teeray, none of those guys were the head cases Scam is. None of them had the marks and issues coming out of college (that are now being proven true) that Scam has.

Sorry you are comparing apples to oranges.

At some point the scam nut huggers need to understand their guy is nothing but an overhyped, option Gimmick.

Opinion

Are you a Alabama/SouthCarolina fan ?

... factual evidence when you can have anecdotal evidence that is unprovable and is not disprovable.

Good posts Teeray. Bravo

CAMERON aint havin a down year? good god man, have u seen a panthers game this year? get ur head out of the sand, u must face facts sooner or later.

Your very eloquent point has been noted.

Who gives a poo what Bradshaw or Montana did. The game has changed drastically in just the past 10 years. QBs coming in and playing well early in their careers is commonplace now. The types of offenses they run and defenses they face at the high school and college levels are far more sophisticated- they are more prepared than ever before. Coupled with all the rule changes favoring the passing game and it's no wonder. So I really don't give a poo that someone threw a bunch of interceptions a quarter of a century ago.

Teeray, none of those guys were the head cases Scam is. None of them had the marks and issues coming out of college (that are now being proven true) that Scam has.

just off the top of my head, peyton manning being sued for a sexual assault in 2003 that allegedly occurred at UT when he was there. the media stayed hands-off and UT quietly let the trainer go with a $300k settlement. also dan marino was a known cokehead entering the league.

i'd say that's a bigger deal than maybe getting pay for play which btw is something i'm sure several athletes you cheer for on saturdays are involved in.

1 person likes this

Who gives a poo what Bradshaw or Montana did. The game has changed drastically in just the past 10 years. QBs coming in and playing well early in their careers is commonplace now. The types of offenses they run and defenses they face at the high school and college levels are far more sophisticated- they are more prepared than ever before. Coupled with all the rule changes favoring the passing game and it's no wonder. So I really don't give a poo that someone threw a bunch of interceptions a quarter of a century ago.

Or Brees? Or Eli Manning? Or Peyton Manning? Or Big Ben? Or Brett Favre?

And despite what the media is telling you, Andrew Luck isn't playing that great so far. Neither is Ryan Tannehill. Neither is Russell Wilson.

RG3 is playing great and, well that is really about it on the young QB front.

So I guess I disagree that young QBs playing well out the gate is commonplace.

And I wasn't comparing stats of 25 years ago with stats from today. i was examining the process of QB progression.

1 person likes this

BTW, some of you guys were all about history when we were discussing whether an athletic QB could become a good NFL QB.

nope

Then you have but a few reasons left not to like Cam.