Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruCatzFan

Pat Yasinska's article on firing (Must Read)

47 posts in this topic

Again, I feel bad for Hurney. He wasn't great, especially since 09. But, prior to that, it could be argued that he was.

My problem with the move is that it serves no purpose for the time being. This was the wrong guy to fire if you wanted to make a statement. Most of the fans and the players don't believe in Rivera/Chud anymore, so why not can them instead. That will send a message more than firing the GM during the season when most likely, he wouldn't be doing anything that affected W/L records at this point.

People can say what they want, but this team does have ENOUGH talent to make it to the playoffs. Coaching is why we are 1-5. There is no reason we shouldn't be 3-3 right now with the team as-is. The coaching sucks. The players want the coaches gone, yet, they're not... And now we have 53 guys playing for a staff they hate.

Oh well... Another lost season.

1 person likes this

I'm wondering if Cam is in jeopardy too maybe a year or so down the road

Anyone is in jeopardy if they don't produce. Its the NFL.

Glad to read the housecleaning is just beginning. This has become one of those dumpster fires where the GM/HC/OC/DC all need to be relieved of their duties in due time.

Good for JR!!

This reminds me off the presser after Atlanta had their asses handed to them by New York in the play-offs and Mr. Blank said 'There are no sacred cows, although there might be a few sacrificial lambs' He basically told every assistant coach and coordinator to hit the bricks. He then Hired Koetter and Nolan to run the offense and defense, to let Smitty focus on the team.

Low-and-behold he we are undefeated.

Yep. We really need to follow that blueprint. Christ I hope this staff rebuild is more successful than the last one.

I'm wondering if Cam is in jeopardy too maybe a year or so down the road

JR said cam will be the last qb of his lifetime he isn't in any danger I'm sure whoever is brought in will be aware of that

Yep. We really need to follow that blueprint. Christ I hope this staff rebuild is more successful than the last one.

No lol

We'd be undefeated too if we had our AFC West opponents on the schedule first.

I am one of the fans who is glad this happened now. My biggest concern was someone this team finished the season strong, everyone was brought back and they go 1-5 , 2-4, etc to start next season, and I have to sit throught this cr*p again waiting and hoping for a better next season.

At least we know that will not be the case, everyone is on notice and at least something is going to be done about this. Whether or not it translates to a turn around time will tell.

Good for JR!!

This reminds me off the presser after Atlanta had their asses handed to them by New York in the play-offs and Mr. Blank said 'There are no sacred cows, although there might be a few sacrificial lambs' He basically told every assistant coach and coordinator to hit the bricks. He then Hired Koetter and Nolan to run the offense and defense, to let Smitty focus on the team.

Low-and-behold he we are undefeated.

Are you saying Smith was ever on the hot seat?

JR said cam will be the last qb of his lifetime he isn't in any danger I'm sure whoever is brought in will be aware of that

True story

Are you saying Smith was ever on the hot seat?

Yep, he's on it this year.

No lol

We'd be undefeated too if we had our AFC West opponents on the schedule first.

LOL I can't wait to bump this thread/post after you play a couple of AFCW teams. Chargers and Broncos are legit play-off contenders.