Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you take this trade for Peppers

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, my first thought was, it's not up to me. But Ellis will be 34 so we'd be losing 4 years. So I'd have to say Hells NO!

Posted

Well, my first thought was, it's not up to me. But Ellis will be 34 so we'd be losing 4 years. So I'd have to say Hells NO!

For a linebacker with our squad...:confused:

Posted

I know he would be older but my thoughts are just to get a couple of years out of him, get JP and his 16 mil off the books and get some draft picks for the future. But hey, what do I know. I don't know how these things work

Posted

not the FO's style to bring in super old talent, even if it IS talent.

not gonna happen.

Posted

I'm not sure what you mean? Pep is 30 right? So we'd be losing 4 years. Plus do we really need another linebacker?? Maybe for Diggs, but the Cowboys wouldn't go for that.

Posted

He hasn't always been an OLB. I believe he was a DE before Parcells took over the team

Posted

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/21/cowboys-shopping-greg-ellis/

Cowboys are shopping Greg Ellis, he is older. Do you think he has a couple years left? I would think the Cowboys could package it with some picks as well to get Peppers

Any thoughts?

I would not could not, Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Posted

nooooo...thanks.

Posted

So your question is would we trade our star DE (and one of the most talented in the NFL) for an old LB who would sit the bench and for future draft picks? No.

Posted

So your question is would we trade our star DE (and one of the most talented in the NFL) for an old LB who would sit the bench and for future draft picks? No.

Listen, It's just a question. BTW, he started his career as a DE. He is only 4 years older than JP. And it seems most everone wants pepp gone on this site, so take your lumps, get something for him, even if it is a guy in the twilight of his career, along with some future picks

Posted

Listen, It's just a question. BTW, he started his career as a DE. He is only 4 years older than JP. And it seems most everone wants pepp gone on this site, so take your lumps, get something for him, even if it is a guy in the twilight of his career, along with some future picks

When and if Pep leaves it will have a major impact to the DL (whether the Peppers haters want to acknowledge reality or not....it will). Can't let Pep go w/o getting something in return to help fill the void. Carolina is also in a position to win now....not later. That trade would only make us much weaker going into next season in comparison to a Carolina team w/ a less than excited Peppers. Makes no sense. We got a great group of LBs and there are already plenty of guys capable of taking Diggs spot if he gives them a chance.

The DL killed us last year and Peppers was the only highlight on it......yes, some guys had more effort every down which is a great trait.....but Peppers was the DL. Getting weaker there going into next season is not an option.........and Fox/Hurney know it.