33 replies to this topic

#16 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I love Cam, I am 100% behind him and his attitude. Its refreshing to see a kid with such passion for the game. Our FO was slowly sufficating this team.

#17 TDWII

TDWII

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Blaming Cam is lazy.....but a good way to get page clicks and viewers. Nothing more.

He is far from perfect....but no 23 yr old with 1 yr off college ball with a NFL team on his shoulders for his first 22 games will be.

Actually, IMO absolving Cam of blame for this season is lazy and may indeed be a contributing factor to the Panthers woes.

Listen, noone is dumb enough to place the entirety of the disappointment on Cam's shoulders. But as it stands now, Cam now has a 7-15 career record. When you look at other QB's like Luck, RGIII...it seems like those teams are starting to show improvement in tangible ways and they can claim to have fewer weapons at their disposal than Cam.

To be fair, they are going through their rookie honeymoon periods, similar to what Cam went through last year when the Win/Loss record didn't matter so much as the fact that a giant hope arrived.

But if we're calling a spade a spade, Cam has not dealt with adversity very well so far in his career and it's an area that despite his prodigious physical gifts and talent could go a long way in submarining his long term outlook.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Cam didn't actually call out the coaches....

He just called out everyone that was tied to the mess.....and included himself.

He said "I don't know if it's the coordinator" and "I just run the plays that are called." I don't know what else he has to say to be considered "calling out coaches"?

#19 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,130 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Listen, noone is dumb enough to place the entirety of the disappointment on Cam's shoulders.

yeah really who would be dumb enough to do th-

But as it stands now, Cam now has a 7-15 career record. When you look at other QB's like Luck, RGIII...it seems like those teams are starting to show improvement in tangible ways and they can claim to have fewer weapons at their disposal than Cam.

nevermind

#20 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Cam rings bells. Got damn.

Peyton Manning couldn't even make poo happen like that.

#21 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I dont blame cam for what was said but as a leader of this team, if your gonna to call out bullshit, you do it behind closed doors. In front of the press, Cam really should have acceptable resposibility for the loss. He is the leader. Thats what leaders do.

He's done that for a year and a half now. At some point, you have to just call it what it is. Hell, I would've probably already blown up at the podium and said, "Look, what the fug do you want me to do??? I'm stuck in a broken scheme and I'm getting beat to death out there running for my life or waiting for these bullshit slow developing plays to never develop!"

I honestly think it's part of the reason why he sulks so much and sounds so scripted at pressers after losing. It's a conscious effort on his part not to blow the fug up.

#22 TDWII

TDWII

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

yeah really who would be dumb enough to do th-

nevermind

Not following...

#23 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm getting sick of the Cam hate as well. Look, does he make some bad throws? Yes. Is he having a hard time losing? Yes. Do you want him to be OK with losing? I sure don't. He's in his SECOND year and he spoiled us last year with an amazing year. We expected him to have an All-Pro year this year but that wasn't fair. For one, defenses had a complete training camp, and also, they had a full year of tape on Cam and this gimmick offense.

It was never fair to expect Cam to carry this team in the first couple years anyway. We have spent a TON of money on running backs, and we hardly use them. We should be running 30-40 times a game with the money put into the run game and not making Cam carry us, at least not right now. The playcalling is handcuffing him.

I can't count how many times we start a new set of downs by either A) Losing yards on an option run or B) Getting 1-2 yards. I know 1-2 yards happens sometimes, but when you are doing it EVERY set of downs, you're putting unrealistic weight on Cam's shoulders. Is he pressing? Of course, he doesn't accept losing, and he shouldn't.

It is too early to start calling him Scam, and saying he's a bust. Let's see him in a real offense, like these other QB's have been able to use (minus maybe RG3). Getting mad at the guy for commercials or clothing lines, is just stupid. Not one person on this board wouldn't do the same thing in his position. The NFL is a dangerous game and at any moment you could run into an injury that takes you out forever. Make it while you can is what I say, and I don't blame him.

#24 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Cam Newton

-21st in passing yards per game
-23rd in QB rating
-27th in completion percentage
-Total turnovers 9 (6 interceptions, 3 lost fumbles)
-7-15 record as starting QB

Also keep in mind he chokes late in games.

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Cam did pretty much cost us a chance at winning the Seattle game (see ball in dirt instead of in Brockel's chest), other than that he isn't to blame for all loses.

the Cam hate is sensational and ludicrous. anything to get page views.

#26 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Shouldn't have to carry this team with the money invested in Stew, DWill, and Tolbert. He may be the one to blame, but we don't know, not with this offense.

#27 TDWII

TDWII

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I'm getting sick of the Cam hate as well. Look, does he make some bad throws? Yes. Is he having a hard time losing? Yes. Do you want him to be OK with losing? I sure don't. He's in his SECOND year and he spoiled us last year with an amazing year. We expected him to have an All-Pro year this year but that wasn't fair. For one, defenses had a complete training camp, and also, they had a full year of tape on Cam and this gimmick offense.

It was never fair to expect Cam to carry this team in the first couple years anyway. We have spent a TON of money on running backs, and we hardly use them. We should be running 30-40 times a game with the money put into the run game and not making Cam carry us, at least not right now. The playcalling is handcuffing him.

I can't count how many times we start a new set of downs by either A) Losing yards on an option run or B) Getting 1-2 yards. I know 1-2 yards happens sometimes, but when you are doing it EVERY set of downs, you're putting unrealistic weight on Cam's shoulders. Is he pressing? Of course, he doesn't accept losing, and he shouldn't.

It is too early to start calling him Scam, and saying he's a bust. Let's see him in a real offense, like these other QB's have been able to use (minus maybe RG3). Getting mad at the guy for commercials or clothing lines, is just stupid. Not one person on this board wouldn't do the same thing in his position. The NFL is a dangerous game and at any moment you could run into an injury that takes you out forever. Make it while you can is what I say, and I don't blame him.

At any level of football, it's well know that the QB is going to receive the undue amount of praise and criticism. While Cam's play has taken a step back this year from his superlative rookie season, the more discouraging aspect of the 2012 season for the Panthers has to be the increasing questions and concerns regarding Cam's ability to handle adversity.

I don't think anyone is close to calling him a bust...his physical talent alone has more than proven that he can produce at the NFL level. However, a QB in todays game is expected to set the mood/tone/tempo/character of the franchise. This is an area where Cam has struggled mightily and whether he intended to or not, members of the organization were thrown under the bus.

Eli Manning said something that was posted in Peter King's MMQB column last week. And the essence was 'You have to care enough not to care'. Essentially - you put in 100% and be content to live with the results. Eli wasn't always this clutch QB with 2 SB rings. For a good deal of his career actually, he was seen as somewhat of a disappointment. But the person and player that he was from a temperment standpoint never wavered. Whereas when he was struggling to establish himself as an elite QB - his demeanor was seen as somewhat goofy...now that he is elite, his same demeanor is perceived as cold blooded. Hindsight being 20/20, it's clear that the Giants have benefited greatly as an organization from his approach.

There are multiple ways to skin a cat...but from a successful team aspect, I simply don't think the way Cam is reacting to this adversity is providing the Panthers any positives to build from.

#28 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,774 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Waiting for HighlandFire to post some ridiculousness...

#29 Guest_coltboy19_*

Guest_coltboy19_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Cam said coaching was a problem yesterday and was getting lambasted on ESPN this morning.

Big Ben called out Todd Haley BEFORE their game yesterday, yet I haven't seen it discussed at all on TV or heard it on radio.

Now, CJ comes out today and basically says he was hoping for a coaching change as well and Hurney gets fired... So, Cam is more of a leader than people give him credit for.

It pisses me off for all these wine and cheesers to complain about his demeanor... Not caring is what got us here. Now we get someone who cares with all that he is, and they don't want to see that. Our team is the way it is because too many people are cashing checks but care nothing about the wins and losses. These idiots have no idea how thankful they should be for Cam.

yeah right, CAMERON is a real born leader, face it, he's a big crybaby and he's got oatmeal for brains, wake up

#30 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Cam has won at every level

Uhmm

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com