Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

James Harrison's Child Taken To Hospital After Dog Bite

81 posts in this topic

An unidentified neighbor told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette one of the star player's three dogs got loose Thursday and attacked the boy, James III. His age was not immediately available.

So apparently they were confined and one got out. Not a lot to see here, move along...

I still think it's terrible that these animals were trained to be bad ass for the owner's delight, but that they were confined should be some sign of responsibility, somewhat...

all it takes is one moment and that moment usually comes as a huge surprised for all involved. that research that i cited also showed that for most of those dogs involved it was their first sign of violence towards a human.

a very large percentage of those attacks were on children (easy targets for a large dog). most likely these children weren't supervised sufficiently but you have to wonder why they weren't. was it because the owner viewed their dog as usually very friendly and not one that had ever showed signs of aggression before so they were "safe"? there is no such thing as a a safe pit bull unless they are with someone who is trained to handle them (which, i feel very safe in saying, the vast majority of pit bull owners are not).

a collie you have to train to be aggressive. it does not come naturally at all. a pit bull you have to train to not be aggressive. it is the nature of the breeding.

That for me is the point. Dogs traditionally bred for fighting are going to do it sometime some place. I have a friend with a dog that was bred for herding. Damn thing nips at childrens legs just like it does sheep to herd them even though it wasn't trained to herd. It is like raising a wolf or lion from a pup or cub and being surprised if they bite or stalk someone as well. It is inbred in them.

Keeping a pitbull is asking for trouble. They are large naturally aggressive dogs with massive powerful jaws that can seriously harm a child with a single bite. With so many naturally docile dogs out there who are generally good with kids, why take the risk at all. It is plain stupid in my book.

So apparently they were confined and one got out. Not a lot to see here, move along...

I still think it's terrible that these animals were trained to be bad ass for the owner's delight, but that they were confined should be some sign of responsibility, somewhat...

i disagree.

confining a pit bull only makes it more aggressive. what we see as a large yard with plenty of room to run around in, a pitt bull sees a fenced in area that he's confined to.

if it doesn't get outside that "cage" on a regular basis, all hell breaks loose when it does.

most pitt bull horror stories involve the dog "getting out". that's a sign of a neglected pit. when it feels freedom, it's aggressive instincts kick into high gear.

i disagree.

confining a pit bull only makes it more aggressive. what we see as a large yard with plenty of room to run around in, a pitt bull sees a fenced in area that he's confined to.

if it doesn't get outside that "cage" on a regular basis, all hell breaks loose when it does.

So you know that James Harrison didn't regularly let his dogs out to run in the large yard? Wow, how did he have the strength to attack a baby? Truth is none of us know, but you've made up your mind, haven't you? Terrible thing, no doubt, but the real truth is none of us know at this point...

I just heard on NFLN that his girlfriend/baby mamma, whatever, let the dog out. Don't know if her letting the dog out was accidental or purposeful.

What is it with Steeler OLBs and Pit Bulls? (See Porter, Joey)

LOOK AT THIS MONSTER

OMG I can't believe they let that a youtube, but hey I don't like cats though so I don't care if they feed one to a pit bull or not.

OMG I can't believe they let that a youtube, but hey I don't like cats though so I don't care if they feed one to a pit bull or not.

That's not a pure Pit... :lol:

This is a Pit Bull Terrier...

post-333-133194760842_thumb.jpg

I just heard on NFLN that his girlfriend/baby mamma, whatever, let the dog out. Don't know if her letting the dog out was accidental or purposeful.

What is it with Steeler OLBs and Pit Bulls? (See Porter, Joey)

post-453-133194760847_thumb.jpg

Im tired of all the crap you guys say about me...it's not fun or funny.

Looks like Lone Buc Fan is back. God, I hate that guy and the entire Buccaneers team and Fan Base.

I have two American Pit Bull Terriers, one male and one female. I recently trained the female to stay with my Ducks, Turkeys, Goose and Goat. She watches them and stays with them at all times. The male though, will try to kill them all if you leave him alone with them. I guess all I am saying is if you want a Pit get a female. I do not trust males one bit, they are too hard headed and worthless. I got both mine for the reason they are the toughest dog out there and imagine that is what 95% of people do. I recommend this breed of dog for no one just so they don't get a even more bad name. Most shelters don't even adopt them out they just kill them. People keep them around a couple years and get rid of them or drop them off in the country.