20 replies to this topic

#1 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Rivera, is he really the issue or was he handcuffed being a new HC all this time? The guy looks like on the sidelines he wants to do something but hasn't been allowed to imho.

A guy not talked about that has had real success in the NFL and still keeps up is Charlie Casserly. Now I don't know if he would come back, but I have to think he would be a great pick to re tool this team.

And I do use the term 're tool' not 'Re build' Because I don't think we need to rebuild. I think many pieces are in place esp with the Offensive line, RB's etc. But Hurney just flat refused to find a true #2 WR and to be honest we are going to need a true #1 soon as well. I feel we have a damn good starting TE that needs to be used better.

Hurney also refused to address DT the way it should be. When we were at our best we had one of (if not THE) best DL in football. Nothing changes, you need a great line. I feel we are hands down in good shape at LB esp when Beaston (yes I am saying BEASTon for a reason) is 100% esp with our stud rookie.

DB's are still an issue but a better DL makes a secondary look so much better.

I feel on offense we need to get back to doing what we are built to do, run the ball first to set up the pass, and hit the TE more. (note I am not taking shots at the current QB situation, this is just a fact I am going to post....) for any young QB the TE is THE Best friend (outside the running game) he has. Many forget that the KGun in Buffalo in the 90's was NOT named for Jim Kelly, but for TE Keith McKellar. HOF QB Kelly has said repeatedly, you MUST use the TE for young QB's. We have a damn good one, use him.

the read option, it just has to go period. I don't care if they have just 15 passing and 10 running plays and just change up personnel and looks, but simplify the damn offense, quit this read option poo and lets start establishing the run and use play action.

That said I know there are some up and coming GM's but maybe we need one that has been established with some success (and none are perfect) to get this thing back on track.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,993 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

No, its Cams fault.

#3 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

No, its Cams fault.

Did I mention him in this post? No. Now discuss the subject in the post and leave the other issue out of it like I did.

#4 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Where's the Cam part?

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

I dont think it was Hurney telling him to run that read option mess or to call a timeout during the 2 minute warning.That is bad coaching

#6 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Get the fug outta here, stop trying to save face.

You went full retard this Sunday, never go full retard.

#7 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,005 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

If you look at last year we used a lot of two tight end sets and had many plays that got Cam easy throws early and on first down. For some reason we decided to go to just a spread option look and it isn't working and I think has played a major role in Cam's struggles this year.

As far as the read option in general, I actually like it. But last year we had our success with it on 2nd and 3rd down. It is highly effective in those 2 and 5 and 3 and short situations when the defense is a little tighter to the line of scrimmage and is more eager to clamp down on the running backs and have bad angles on the outside.

I think we put the cart before the horse this season and our offense is paying the price.

But I really miss having two tight ends and I think Cam misses it too.

#8 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Who ever made the decision to leave a conventional offense for the read option is who should have been fired.

It should have been done though, when they brought it up!

#9 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,539 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I wonder if Rivera has said "If I am on a thin rope then let me run the team my way for the rest of the year."

Personnel, play calling etc.

#10 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,663 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Get the fug outta here, stop trying to save face.

You went full retard this Sunday, never go full retard.

LOL.

#11 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Rivera, is he really the issue or was he handcuffed being a new HC all this time? The guy looks like on the sidelines he wants to do something but hasn't been allowed to imho.

Yeah, and that something is 'take a nap'.

#12 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I dont think it was Hurney telling him to run that read option mess or to call a timeout during the 2 minute warning.That is bad coaching

I think OP is implying that Cam makes those calls.

#13 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Ron Rivera's DEF is getting better, but IMO Chuds needs to be put on a short leash.......... Cam's slump is being caused by Chud's play calling.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

pretty much anything the OP says from now on is only going to be seen as "cam is of the devil".

#15 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

If you look at last year we used a lot of two tight end sets and had many plays that got Cam easy throws early and on first down. For some reason we decided to go to just a spread option look and it isn't working and I think has played a major role in Cam's struggles this year.

As far as the read option in general, I actually like it. But last year we had our success with it on 2nd and 3rd down. It is highly effective in those 2 and 5 and 3 and short situations when the defense is a little tighter to the line of scrimmage and is more eager to clamp down on the running backs and have bad angles on the outside.

I think we put the cart before the horse this season and our offense is paying the price.

But I really miss having two tight ends and I think Cam misses it too.

I think the 'ACE' formation is a good one as well. You can still have a great running game out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com