Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers expected to hire outside consultant to run GM search

89 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we should look at Gil Brandt not Andrew Brandt but the godfather Gil Brandt

Posted

As they should. It's the only approach that makes sense.

I agree, next GM should have a football background....Hunrey wasn't a football guy.

Posted

Wow. I don't remember anything ever happening like this within the Panthers organization, It looks like JR is finally admitting that he doesn't know how to build a winning team, and letting guys with better resumes take over that role.

I was really worried that JR might promote some random "yes man" within the organization and continue the same philosophy. It really looks like he's completely stepped back from football operations and is trying to find the best professional to take over in that role. This is bigger news than Hurney getting fired. How you go about finding a replacement is more important than just firing the last guy. Wow, I am really stoked about this.

Posted

just heard who JR's consultant is....

angielist.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Hiring someone who knows more than you, especially for a decision that is of this kind of importance is not a bad thing. Not hiring a consultant is something Jerry jones might do.

It is actually becoming very common...not only in the pros but college as well. Last 2 coaches my small time college hired they used consultants (and they got that approach from bigger and better universities).

Posted

This almost 100% eliminates the chance of any in house promotions as there are obvious better qualified GM candidates available outside of Carolina.

Posted

translation Jr doesnt have a clue on who he wants as GM

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm glad he's looking for help. This is way better than hiring some random from within.

Posted

This is great news

Posted

This is great for the team. No yes mans anymore and now its time to get to business to rebuild this franchise.

Posted

Don't see it as richardson doesn't have a clue who he wants. I see it as he wants some eyes outside of the orginization to give him a view of what's they see is wrong. Which is a smart idea.

5 people like this

Posted

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm glad he's looking for help. This is way better than hiring some random from within.

right but alot of people said JR fired Hurney with a plan in mind. If he had any kind of plan, he would already know who he wanted.

Posted

I think we should look at Gil Brandt not Andrew Brandt but the godfather Gil Brandt

for the GM search i think this sould be great, esp. given his respect for cam. the guy has been one of his biggest and most respectable supporters since auburn.

i think he knows enough about the league and would take a personal enough of an interest to make it a great selection.