66 replies to this topic

#16 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

well folks it's the annual exodus of starters to the injured reserve list hope you enjoy it

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,776 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

you know....i don't even care right now.

wierd.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,142 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I called this. He is definitely gone. There will be several players gone next season that have been fan favorites and have been here a while. Time to start over... again. I don't see why they didn't just fire Hurney when they cleaned house with Fox and co. Then they could have brought in an awesome GM and they got a better coaching staff. But all I know is things have to be blown up and the culture has to change. They have to get it right this time

#19 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Everyone take a deep breath. Seriously. Let's review:

1.) I'm pretty sure Beason is getting surgery on his knee or shoulder, not his achilles (could be totally wrong here). The knee honestly makes perfect sense if it is the opposite leg of the achilles tear. Often, after a horrific injury like that, people will favor their other leg. Now, most people aren't NFL linebackers who go out and put extreme pressure on this other, favored, leg. Therefore, Beason simply just needs more time, to regain strength and confidence in that achilles. We honestly should have probably shut him down early or held him out longer, but given the high expectations of the season, no one wanted to or could have forseen doing that.

1a) good news is: given our record and the state of our team, we don't need beason right now and this is a perfect time for him to patch up for future seasons

2)This gives Keek (a top ten pick) a chance to really broadcast why we drafted him so high and for him to develop into this mythical 'leader' our team so sorely lacks, according to Hurney.

3)Should this be the end of Beason, this would send an immediate message to players. Doesn't matter how good you, or the fanbase thinks you are, if you don't produce you aren't going to play here.

3a) However I HIGHLY doubt this is the case given: his talent level, how great of a guy he is, how hard he works, and is NOT part of our losing mentality crew)

#20 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,091 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thankfully Hurney made the right choice and we already have a stud MLB for at least the next ten years.

#21 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

what's the cap hit on trading beason for a 5th rounder and a giant slim jim?

like 12 mil or so

#22 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

well folks it's the annual exodus of starters to the injured reserve list hope you enjoy it

Well .... at least this time we know it cant and wont be used as the exuse for another horrible season, and the subsequent return of the entire Staff, etc. At least not for Hurney anyway, and most likely not for Rivera and the rest of the coaches either.

#23 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

How the fug has Ryan Vermillion maintained a job with this team for like 25 years??

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,291 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

this is why drafting keek was a good idea. FO planned for the worst case scenario, and it's manifested itself here.

we may never see beason in a panthers jersey again.

#25 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

this is why drafting keek was a good idea. FO planned for the worst case scenario, and it's manifested itself here.

whenever one of our starters goes on IR, it's for like 3 years

#26 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Kurb, remember the time you raged about Kuechly being drafted? Oh man, those were the days... Oh wait I did that too.

#27 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Very likely true unless he is willing to take a massive paycut. I look for him to be cut in March.

#28 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

what's the cap hit on trading beason for a 5th rounder and a giant slim jim?

12 million

#29 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,988 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Well at least the season will not be short of activity from here on out

GMs, coaches, players, etc. the whole spiel is in-flux & on-notice

Just never thought in a million years this is where we would be before even our 7th game

With the likely upcoming departures, at least we'll have Stewart to be a bulk back and Keek to have in the middle. Sh*ts crazy yet again

#30 bambam

bambam

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

How the fug has Ryan Vermillion maintained a job with this team for like 25 years??

hahahaha i laughed pretty hard at this..i say this to myself and everyone that watches football with me. im so happy im not the only one thinking this..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.