Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarhead

Can Rivera pull this off or is this just going to be a painful process?

17 posts in this topic

I think JR fully intends to completely blow this team up and start from scratch. Firing Hurney at this point in the season doesnt make a lot of sense except that it sends a message to the fanbase - he sees fans abandonding ship and that has to be a major concern. It also gives RR one last chance to show if he has what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL. Even if JR wanted to fire Rivera right away, who would take the team over 7 weeks into the season? It is highly doubtful this team would get any more wins under any other coach at this point so what would firing Rivera now accomplish? Better to let this season play out with Rivera and company, start the gm/consultant search rolling and be ready to go when the season ends.

It's a process.... therefor it is what it is

post-3799-0-97239100-1351103263_thumb.jp

This didnt deserve its own thread but NFL sunday countdown just said that it was Hurney that hired Rivera and Richardson was against it. This is news to me...I thought Jerry had final say on everything? Jerry also said the rest of the season is Rivera's evaluation as we all know.

Even if he pulls it off the rest of the season will be like a colonoscopy: diving into a sh*thole but we manage to stay numb through it all.

lol, lol