Photo
- - - - -

I was never jealous of people on welfare, until today.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#16 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,809 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Ha! You'd be surprised on what kind of cars medicaid patients roll... Get a job at a pharmacy and stay at drive through window and you'll be blown away. Ask any retail pharmacy employee and I'm sure they have a story very similar to mine.

My uncle was making $150,000 a year under the table aka tax free from his business. He also had a government assistance (medicaid and food stamps) for almost 10 years until IRS busted his ass. He was fined something like $250k which he paid in full lol...

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

#18 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

The owner of my company drives a 2003 Honda accord but could buy a fleet of Mercedes.

Is this the thread for anecdotal evidence?

every thread about welfare is the thread for anecdotal evidence from what i can tell

#19 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

it is literally impossible that she was driving a friend or family member's car

or that this story is at all exaggerated or just made up

could it also actually be true? it does happen man. no group is immune from total jackasses.

#21 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Look, people are hungry and need help i'm fine with it and i don't get mad at the stories i hear about people cheating the system. WTF good is it going to do? To tell the truth and i must be getting soft in my old age but i'd rather have a 1000 cheats than one hungry family but thats just me. And no i've never used them myself or the school free lunch when my kid was in school and boy did we struggle in my earlier years but a lot of people do. I do have some female friends who get them and buy steaks and other high end foods just to sell them at half the cost to buy smokes and such. I don't buy from them but i don't judge the either.

im with ya. this to me is similar to people parking in the handicap spot. this use to be a big deal to me but over time im like ya know, without me knowing all the facts i can't really say anything. this is why i hate the phrase perception is reality because it's not.

#22 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

could it also actually be true? it does happen man. no group is immune from total jackasses.

i don't doubt that it happens in a country of hundreds of millions of people and i have never argued otherwise. however, look no further than my response to arsen's post in order to see the problem with basing an ideology on individual experiences in a country of hundreds of millions of people. he has no reason to suspect fraud as there are perfectly valid reasons that she could be driving what he calls a $100k vehicle. he sees what he wants to see.

#23 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

im with ya. this to me is similar to people parking in the handicap spot. this use to be a big deal to me but over time im like ya know, without me knowing all the facts i can't really say anything. this is why i hate the phrase perception is reality because it's not.

this is actually a good point. "you're not handicapped, you look like you're walking just fine to me" is pretty similar to OP's "you're not poor, there is meat in your refrigerator"

#24 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

That does piss me off a bit. You see i spend a lot of time helping out my stepfather who's in a wheelchair. He has parkinson's and other ailents and i know how hard it is for my mom to get him from place to place. Its strange. Since i've started to help them out i've noticed the plight of the elderly and the handicapped. So when i see someone park in a handicap spot just to run into a store i always give them a shitty look.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

I believe in helping people and some folks need assistance but I am firmly in favor of drug testing government aid/welfare recipients.

What happened to you would certainly grind my gears as well.

Me & my GF (who is a teacher) had to go to Wal Mart in August to get something for her classroom because Target didn't sell it. I recall the family next to us at the checkout looked like they had just walked out footlocker and belk yet paid with EBT. Now, before some u put words in my mouth I don't think people using EBT should look homeless but I do know what a brand new pair of Jordan's cost and how much polo shirts cost.

I have a sociology degree and one semester we talked about how many AA athletes come from underprivileged, large, poor families. A theory on this is that many of the mothers believe that increasing the amount of children she has will increase or improve her odds of having a child that could develop into a star athlete this resulting in the family moving up in class. Interesting stuff with evidence to support.

Another quick story I have is my cousin was dating a dude from a wealthy family. He was around 32 and recently been laid off and told us point blank he had job offers on the table but his unemployment was more money so he declined the jobs. I mean WTF do u say to that?

#26 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

That does piss me off a bit. You see i spend a lot of time helping out my stepfather who's in a wheelchair. He has parkinson's and other ailents and i know how hard it is for my mom to get him from place to place. Its strange. Since i've started to help them out i've noticed the plight of the elderly and the handicapped. So when i see someone park in a handicap spot just to run into a store i always give them a shitty look.

Yeah when I was younger I would always try and snag my grandpas handicapped parking pass, but as I've grown older its something I would never do again. It's extremely disrespectful, rude, and wrong.

I still remember the thread from the past summer saying how someone saw Chris Harris parking his Bentley in a handicapped spot at a water park. Lost some of my respect as a human after hearing that.

If I was a cop this is something that I would try to crack down on.

#27 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

I believe in helping people and some folks need assistance but I am firmly in favor of drug testing government aid/welfare recipients.

What happened to you would certainly grind my gears as well.

Me & my GF (who is a teacher) had to go to Wal Mart in August to get something for her classroom because Target didn't sell it. I recall the family next to us at the checkout looked like they had just walked out footlocker and belk yet paid with EBT. Now, before some u put words in my mouth I don't think people using EBT should look homeless but I do know what a brand new pair of Jordan's cost and how much polo shirts cost.

I have a sociology degree and one semester we talked about how many AA athletes come from underprivileged, large, poor families. A theory on this is that many of the mothers believe that increasing the amount of children she has will increase or improve her odds of having a child that could develop into a star athlete this resulting in the family moving up in class. Interesting stuff with evidence to support.

Another quick story I have is my cousin was dating a dude from a wealthy family. He was around 32 and recently been laid off and told us point blank he had job offers on the table but his unemployment was more money so he declined the jobs. I mean WTF do u say to that?

oh no jordans and polo shirts they sure were living high on the hog. what brands of clothing should poor people wear? this reeks of "welfare recipients aren't living in squalor therefore it's basically welfare fraud" and, again, how do you know how and when they obtained that clothing anyway?

also drug testing welfare recipients is really, really dumb. the cost of testing outpaces the money "saved" and by the way, it's unconstitutional.

oh and your "poor black mothers have a lot of kids because they're playing the athlete lottery" stuff doesn't appear to be true as poor people around the world have more kids:

Posted Image

oh and it's held true as far back as the early 1800s:

Posted Image

i guess "poor AA mothers" have been trying to have a kid go league since they were enslaved. considering the fact that you have a sociology degree, i hope it wasn't one of your sociology professors who suggested that "many AA athletes come from underprivileged, large, poor families. A theory on this is that many of the mothers believe that increasing the amount of children she has will increase or improve her odds of having a child that could develop into a star athlete this resulting in the family moving up in class"

#28 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Polo shirt with Jordans? F it... Going to the gym tomorrow with loafers.

I'd like to see this evidence of the big league lottery.

#29 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Black people sell crack and live on welfare.

White people sell meth and live on welfare.

That is the system moochers of course.

#30 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

i mean it's entirely possible she was everything the OP described, but i don't think it's fair to just assume these things based on misconceptions correlating race, drug use, laziness, etc.

OP, what evidence do you have to suggest that she (they) were just jobless thieves (you said she steals stuff) and drug users (you speculated she couldn't wait for you to leave so she could sell more) and drug dealers (you speculated she couldn't wait for you to leave so she could also sell more)? is this speculation alone?

is it possible she worked a night job to be able to afford stocking her freezer?

if all these things you have mentioned are true, than you're right, there is an injustice. but i see nothing but a poor personal experience that you had synthesized with a bunch of baseless conjecture, and, frankly, extremely offensive stereotypes that belong in the mid nineteenth century. unfortunately what ramblings like this do is confirm the stereotype to people who agree with the general sentiment of what you've expressed here and subliminally bolster this sort of methodology as an acceptable one because it seems correlates with the reader's own experiences and sentiments on the surface.

not cool OP. i hope you re-think this.

I have absolutely no evidence at all that these particular people get government benefits and continue to steal and sling drugs. I was just upset and was using accusations as a way of venting frustrations.

Having said that, you cannot possibly believe that less than 50% of heavy welfare recipients bother to stay out of trouble and life a respectable life.

Don't get me started on white people either. When they are on welfare, they like to collect absolute trash and claim they can sell it for a big profit. The last time I was at a trailer park on the job, two white trash princess were discussing their plans of tattoos with their next child support check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com