Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MThornton1

Smitty...checked out?

50 posts in this topic

He is not really a cliche guy, but that latest interview he did with Mike Craft was one big cliche. I think he realizes he is part of ANOTHER lost season and the light at the end of the tunnel just got pushed further down the tracks.

Yes, that is the interview I watched and was like wow, this is not Steve Smith talking right now.

I think he's close to hanging it up... his wife's health scare totally changed his perspective.

1 person likes this

Dude sound like an old man/coach in that interview. Lol.

Hate to say it because I love 89, but he's not even the same player as last year. Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot. But time is starting to take its toll. Still want him on the team, but I realize he isn't going to be around in 2 more years. We need to find a new #1 and move Smitty to slot.

We'll see if he starts trying to fight with Charles Tillman

Steve is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen and has the fire to boot.

He use to be competitive. Now I see him cutting off routes and afraid to take a big hit. That was really his whole game and without it, he is just an average player.

On the last possession of the Dallas game, after Cam was sacked (but we still had time for one more play) I noticed the whole offense sprinting back to the line of scrimmage, but Steve was just jogging back like he'd already given up. Granted, it was a one in a million shot at that point, but it's one of the signs that he may have already "checked out" this season.

I love 89 and what he's done for the origanization, but all good things must come to and end and it may be best for both sides to just move on at this point. I'd be very happy to see him get a ring with another team if it came to that, as long as it's not with anyone in the NFCS. Or Dallas. Or Green Bay.

1 person likes this

I love Smitty but Smitty is all about Smitty. A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Smitty is a great WR and a baby sometimes too

Im starting to think Smitty is the reason Delhomme passed it his way all the time and why we have never established a 2nd WR. We heard about the pull smitty with JR. Maybe that is why he was mad after the last game? Lafell got a TD and Cam got some other receivers in the game. There is no other reason why Cam only throws to 89..

It may be best for Smith to hang it up. He just seems have more anger then love for the game lately.