75 replies to this topic

#61 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

He did not say that and I seriously doubt it is Rivera. If Richardson wanted the coach gone he'd simply be gone and he surely would not still be there now. Think about it.

I would assume it is player related.

The highest paid player on the team maybe?

The offensive captain?

Both?

#62 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Personel, coaching staff move, meh.
JR is sick of being a laughing stock of the NFL on par with the Cleveland and jacksonvilles of the world.

Let's all pray some competent people are brought in to reverse the train wreck this organization has been since the Arizona ass kicking 2008 Post Season.

#63 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Or maybe JR told Hurney that Rivera was out and Hurney told JR it was his fault for not having the right personnel?

#64 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

People are reading way too much into this.

#65 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,801 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Id like to have Lombardi as a talent evaluator... He was all over Kolb being a bust and not understanding the hype outta Philly...all over Gabberts shaky footwork and Pocket Panic..

All GMs have bad moments and the best hit 50% of their picks..Hurney was like at 45% (avg) in the last 7 years.. Yeah he was the Raiders GM but is that fair to any GM wile the crypt Keeper was alive?!

#66 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

I would speculate that JR was not specific--does not micromanage that much, but he knew changes were needed. MH did not know what to do. He was fairly strapped, due to his shopping spree with Daddy's credit card a few years back. when he rewarded all of his draft picks that have not busted with contracts.

Did he really think that there was $24M+ on Dwill's tires? Made as much sense as the delhomme deal. Did he really need to pay Charles Johnson, a 1-hit wonder at the time, $76 million? Did he really think Godfrey was good enough to give him a big deal?

Marty's moves are as bad as Matt Millen's.

#67 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,142 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Interesting...

#68 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

If you're going to spend a fortune on 2 RBs, then you should build a dominant run blocking O-line and run the ball a lot. We don't have a powerful run blocking O-line, so our RBs and all that money is going to waste. The loss of Otah is part of the problem, but we really should have used FA and the draft to add more than just one starter with very good run blocking ability. Campbell was known to have a learning disability, but we traded for him anyway. He hasn't even been activated all season, yet he started at OG for the Raiders. Why not start him at RG? Or RT? My guess is that our coaching staff has failed to teach him our offense. Well these failures and bad decisions, combined with unfocused players, has resulted in a total disaster of a season. Rivera is right in saying our O-line is getting beaten up front, and it's his fault. He knew Williams and Hangerter were weak in run blocking, and Kalil is undersized (although usually effective). He had every opportunity to pick up the offensive linemen we needed to have a dominant rushing attack. He failed to do so, and now his job is on the line.

#69 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Just hire Marc Ross for God-sake...

#70 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Just hire Marc Ross for God-sake...

Who?

#71 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Who?

NY Giants Scouting director.

#72 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

That's some serious food for thought. I'm not sure if I want Rivera to get to .500 or if I want to see this team blown up and start anew. Which ever gets us to a SB and a SB victory I suppose.

#73 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

What are the chances Hurney gets brought back after Rivera and Co. are booted?

(I know, that would make no sense to me either... but if there was a "Message" to be sent... this was it... and then JR and his Buddy could get back to what they had in mind again after the coaching staff was blown up.)

Just throw'n that out there like a lot of the speculation has been... cuz I'm bored and tired. lol

#74 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm with everyone who believes this is not some huge conspiracy theory and that's it's a rather simple concept.

1. The players have already thrown in the towel and I think Rivera lost the team much the same way Fox did 2 years before his departure.
2. The fan base is jumping off this sinking ship fast and, while he may be able to claim every game as a sell-out thanks to PSL sales, BOA may become more like an amusement park where people show up on Sunday afternoons with nothing better to do than watch an exhibition game for a couple hours and leave at halftime. More former fans standing around the stadium selling tickets than using them themselves. Even the idiot fireman Jet fan could only stand losing for so long... L-O-S-E, LOSE, LOSE, LOSE!!

Sorry, but I don't think the coaching gig in Charlotte is a coveted job that a lot of people will go after. This team almost throws darts at a board when it comes to the draft and then they try to install an offense that may work with those they drafted.

At a time when the NFL is now playing the passing game more than the run, Carolina is still a few years behind trying to decide how to go from a 2-RB offense to a read-option college offense.

I wonder just who in this organization has any clue what the offensive philosophy is, exactly.

#75 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Lombardi is a good info guy. Always solid source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.