Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting quote from Rivera

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just saw this quote from Rivera in an article on NFL.com, and I haven't seen it posted here

[quote]"Now the pressure's on," Rivera said. "Now there's consequences. So we have to find out if this group is going to do it under me [b]when there's consequences[/b]."[/quote]

The direct implication of course being that there haven't been any consequences under Hurney, given the other speculative info flying around right now there's appears to be a little smoke..

From this article:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000086039/article/carolina-panthers-ron-rivera-knows-the-ice-is-thin"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000086039/article/carolina-panthers-ron-rivera-knows-the-ice-is-thin[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Who didn't know he was on the hot seat of hell?

Posted · Report post

Trade talk of DWill seems to be one of those "consequences". the old core players felt safe that Marty wouldn't do anything, but now that he is gone no one is safe

Posted · Report post

Nobody should ever be safe. This is a what have you done for me lately league. Loyalty has been one of the biggest problems with this organization even with poor results.

I hope that changes.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

What a fuging idiot.

So, he just explained why we came out unprepared and have played below our capabilities every week... BECAUSE he didn't feel any pressure and didn't expect any consequences.

The more Rivera talks, the less I like him. Idiot.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zcustom' timestamp='1351439955' post='1966343']
I just saw this quote from Rivera in an article on NFL.com, and I haven't seen it posted here

The direct implication of course being that there haven't been any consequences under Hurney, given the other speculative info flying around right now there's appears to be a little smoke..

From this article:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000086039/article/carolina-panthers-ron-rivera-knows-the-ice-is-thin"]http://www.nfl.com/n...the-ice-is-thin[/url]
[/quote]

Yeah, scary. I had posted it about 15 minutes before you did, but just inside another tread. The quote is definiately thread-worthy. When I read it I was even more 'done' with Rivera that I was before.

Posted · Report post

Good god. Its worse than I thought.

Did he think it was preseason still?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I am trying to read that in a way that let's me give him the benefit of the doubt...but I am having trouble. No matter how I take it I just see an "I am disappoint" meme in my head.

Posted · Report post

This guy is mentally challenged.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I feel bad for Rivera because he wanted to be a head coach so bad and seemed like a great fit for us. But what a freaking disaster this has turned out to be. I can see no way back to success with him at the helm. We have wasted too much talent for too many years. It's a tragedy.

Posted · Report post

After blowout loss to Giants:

"It's cool guys. No sweat off of our balls. JR knows we're young, no consequences, no pressure fellas. I'm going to practice moving my face muscles..."

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thunderraiden' timestamp='1351440069' post='1966346']
Who didn't know he was on the hot seat of hell?
[/quote]

Love that Sig!