Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

silly OP, you cant criticize cam here

#32 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

All of you with Cam pics in your forum signatures maybe aren't the most unbiased observers. If you're going to sit here and tell me Cam Newton is a good starter in this league right now, you are flat out mistaken. If you have a quarterback playing well, you absolutely aren't 1-6 in the league of 2012 no matter how bad the rest of your team is.

Ah my good friend, but the converse is not necessarily true. You can have a QB playing at the the level of Newton and NOT be 1-6.

Jay Cutler proves that logic.

Its funny how people on here go as far as ADMITTING that this team is bad, AT THE SAME time expecting a second year QB to CARRY said bad team they ALREADY admitted was bad.

Once again, the fans of Carolina need to hold the ENTIRE team to the level you have for a second year QB.

Until then, Cam is well on his way to becoming the NFL's version of Lebron James.

#33 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,262 posts

I'd only put like, 25% of the blame on Cam for his 7-16 record. He just needs to play and work out his mistakes. It would help if he had a competent coaching staff around him that could make adjustments when things weren't going well and could make solid play calls with the game on the line.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Okay, what actual reason do you have to believe that he WILL indeed get that "poo" together? Just blind faith.

The fact that he had his sh*t together last year. He is not just going to fall of the face of the earth.

You people are a joke. I swear it's like none of you know anything about football.

#35 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I know someone just didn't compare Cam to Clausen....

#36 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,808 posts

Guys are open time and time again late in games and inside the 10 and Cam is just missing them in those spots about as badly as one can miss. Seriously Clausen-esque.

Ok, but you don't bench him. How is that going to help

You go through it and learn. I think our expectations are super high based off last year

You ask me, 40 passes is too much when you have all of your money into the backfield. If you want to throw that many times, make sure you have some receiving weapons to get those yards and TD's

#37 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

I don't want Cam to be treated like Alex Smith. Cam is a young kid growing into a roll that requires more the just playing well. You don't gain experience from sitting back. Look at Eli now because he went through the same thing Cam is going through. Playing ok but with the pressure that you should be elite every game.

#38 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Or we could surround him with a great coaching staff to develop him

#39 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

man this is bullshit...you get flamed because its an awful idea...you bench a young QB like Cam and you crush his confidence for no reason. you need surround Cam with better talent and you will see a better player in 2013

#40 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Newton needs to work on his touch passing and footwork in the worst fuging way. He throws flat footed or off his back foot all the time, which doesn't help him. He has zero velocity control, it looks like he's either throwing 400 MPH or not at all. Subsequently, he's really good at the long ball and pretty poor with a short field.

I really hope whomever we bring in this off-season focuses on his fundamentals.

#41 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

The man isn't playing like the 2009 Jake Delhomme or the 2010 Jimmy Clausen. No, he hasn't been as good as he was last year but he hasn't been horrible either. He's 23 years old and he has a history of leading his team to championships. If you surround the kid, yes kid, with some more talent, then there is absolutely no reason to believe that he will not succeed.

Of course he's flashed this year (although not nearly as much as last). Point is: What difference does it make how well you play the rest of the game if you can't throw inside the 10 at all or inside 5 minutes left in games? You better hope you're blowing teams out to hold on for a win with Cam. And actually, we WERE blowing the Bears out today and STILL lost partly because Cam couldn't deliver late in the 4th again. Yes I know he drove for the field goal, but there was the pick 6 before that and the 3 and out before that and I'm not sure Cam had to throw a single money throw on that final drive.

#42 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,036 posts

wtf?

How about we sit Cam behind an awesome offensive coordinator, that way he will actually be able to run a normal, pro-style offense, and he'll be able to advance in a true fashion.

The sky is the limit for Cam, even in his current state. But being stuck behind this nowhere offense, he's not going to get any better.

#43 Cystalmist

Cystalmist

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Mentally, Cam Newton is about as weak right now as I've ever seen any quarterback ever. He's in mental shambles. I think the one chance to save his career in Carolina is to sign or trade for a veteran QB in 2013 that Cam can sit behind. I think this would have been best for him all along, get some of these crushingly high expectations off of him for a second and just let the guy regain his composure so he can FINALLY learn proper footwork, FINALLY learn how to pass inside the 10, FINALLY learn how to pick up a key first down or touchdown through the air late in the 4th quarter. Every time he has to go out there and learn on the fly, it's stacking up even more pressure on him when he fails time and time again.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but whatever. Thoughts?

Don't be a fuging idiot man. That is a terrible idea. It's not Cam that is the issue atm, he is just taking the brunt of media abuse.

#44 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

I REALLY disagree with this... I don't see any "Vet" Qb giving this team a better chance to win over Cam, and I also don't think Cam being on the bench will be better for his development than being on the field... this is not the 90's... young QB's are playing and learning... See Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben, ect.

#45 graydAye

graydAye

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

sam mills fan has been posting here for years and was right about a bunch of stuff re: john fox, marty hurney, jimmy clausen, jake delhomme, dwayne jarrett, etc.

maulclaw doesn't like our quarterback and that's the one thing he posts about.

Doesn't make any sense to me...if the topics are the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.