38 replies to this topic

#1 Duffguy

Duffguy

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

So on a great Sunday afternoon, a day where the Carolina Panthers could possibly salvage what has turned out to be an awful season. Ron Rivera coached like a desperate man truly afraid of losing his job. Ron Rivera called plays much like a 15 year old would call plays on Madden. The first half Ron Rivera played ballsy....then he got SCARED.

Ron Rivera made it painfully obvious that he was terrified of Devin Hester's kick returning prowess and invented a new onside squib kick (if you can call it that). Ron Rivera in the fourth quarter was terrified of a big play giving plenty of space to a Brandon Marshall and Earl Bennett.

Rivera's scared coaching trickled down to the players. Captain Munnerlyn was terrified of even fair catching a punt. Brad Nortman so focused on kicking out of bounds kicks it out of bounds for a great length of six yards. DeAngelo Williams so focused on not fumbling trips over his own guards feet. This team was SCARED.

#2 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Agreed. Ron is a big fat puss and I can't wait until he's out of Carolina and his vagina is somewhere else.

#3 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Why was we so afraid of them scoring a TD if all they needed was a FG? He should have focused on stopping the little plays considering that's all the Bears needed to win the game. He has so much to learn that we might as well start with a new coach.

#4 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

And if Hester returned a punt or kickoff Rivera would be an idiot for kicking to him! I didn't mind that kickoff stuff, the Defense wasn't giving up much. But the last drive was horrible play calling. They had success pressuring cutler and pressing receivers all game then they went back into Atl. mode and handed them the game! Thats what pissed me off

#5 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

After we got the lead in the 4th...Rivera turned to McDumass and said...
Posted Image

#6 Duffguy

Duffguy

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Listen I can understand it but kicking it to their 40 every single drive, even with the defense playing amazing, you were putting a ton of pressure on both sides of the ball for us. How many Carolina drives started within their 20? This score could have been much worse. At some point as the head coach you have to say "I believe in the team that I coach". Frankly, to have such little faith in his special team is shocking to me. I can understand the punt call but at some point you have to take a shot.

#7 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Listen I can understand it but kicking it to their 40 every single drive, even with the defense playing amazing, you were putting a ton of pressure on both sides of the ball for us. How many Carolina drives started within their 20? This score could have been much worse. At some point as the head coach you have to say "I believe in the team that I coach". Frankly, to have such little faith in his special team is shocking to me. I can understand the punt call but at some point you have to take a shot.

Its pretty pathetic but the lack of confidence is a reality. In regards to the kickoffs, as long as it was working, regardless of how ugly or stupid it may seem RR was going to stick with it and as hot as his seat is, I cant say that I blame him! lol!

#8 Duffguy

Duffguy

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Its pretty pathetic but the lack of confidence is a reality. In regards to the kickoffs, as long as it was working, regardless of how ugly or stupid it may seem RR was going to stick with it and as hot as his seat is, I cant say that I blame him! lol!

I don't blame him for the decision, but do we really want to go forward in games with a coach that has a complete lack of faith in his own personnel! That's embarrassing.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

so this thread is pretty much spam and stuff that is getting beat to death in a plethora of other threads.

#10 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,377 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Didn't click your link.

#11 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,668 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Stop spamming 3rd party blog links.

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Check out my week 8 rant

...gone!

take a shot at what?

kicking and punting the way we did was great strategy.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

So on a great Sunday afternoon, a day where the Carolina Panthers could possibly salvage what has turned out to be an awful season. Ron Rivera coached like a desperate man truly afraid of losing his job. Ron Rivera called plays much like a 15 year old would call plays on Madden. The first half Ron Rivera played ballsy....then he got SCARED.

Ron Rivera made it painfully obvious that he was terrified of Devin Hester's kick returning prowess and invented a new onside squib kick (if you can call it that). Ron Rivera in the fourth quarter was terrified of a big play giving plenty of space to a Brandon Marshall and Earl Bennett.

Rivera's scared coaching trickled down to the players. Captain Munnerlyn was terrified of even fair catching a punt. Brad Nortman so focused on kicking out of bounds kicks it out of bounds for a great length of six yards. DeAngelo Williams so focused on not fumbling trips over his own guards feet. This team was SCARED.

Dont forget that he was scared to kick a field goal at the end of the half because of the "swirling wind." Instead, he opted for the much more successful hail mary.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

take a shot at what?

kicking and punting the way we did was great strategy.

take the link out of your quote, please.

thanks.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Dont forget that he was scared to kick a field goal at the end of the half because of the "swirling wind." Instead, he opted for the much more successful hail mary.

i saw someone point out yesterday that no one has even attempted a hail mary in that situation since '02.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina, Panthers, Sports, Talk, NFL, Football, Charlotte, Newton, Chicago, Bears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com