51 replies to this topic

#31 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Our defensive draft picks have all come in and stepped up this year. Norman, Alexander, and Kuechly are bright spots on this team and will go through some learning curves. (some already have) For the most part they have played very good with Kuechly looking absolutely amazingly efficient and all over everything on the field. These guys make me feel confident about moving forward from this season.

Cam and Stew on the offensive end. J-Stew is still only 25.

We've got strong guys to build around on both sides of the ball even though its only a few players.

#32 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

The stuff that comes out of his mouth has made me laugh on the sideline every single game.

anything you can post?

#33 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

I am glad you said this-I was thinking that people would bash him for giving up all the completions at the end-He did his job. He makes us better because (when Gamble is healthy) he allows Munnerlyn to move to nickel.

By the way, Thomas was not bad yesterday either.

He is getting picked on this year--earning his stripes. But his attitude is awesome. He was even in Cutler's head yesterday.

#34 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Yes, Josh Thomas is also dong a good job. I'm really surprised how the Norman-Captain-Thomas situation has worked out.

#35 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes, Josh Thomas is also dong a good job. I'm really surprised how the Norman-Captain-Thomas situation has worked out.

They looked good yesterday. I have been a big Captain basher, and he's usually deserved it, but he played well overall yesterday. Norman shows a lot of potential and if we get normal levels of improvement from him he will end up being really good. Thomas has held his own.

If this continues, we will probably look to do something with Gamble and his $10 million + cap hit.

#36 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Captain, Thomas and Norman are three of the most physical CBs in the league. They will straight up knock you out. Godfrey and Martin will bang as well. If they could just improve their coverage skills, they'd be complete.

Though, Norman's INT on the bomb to Marshall was beautiful. Plus, I think Naka gives up the TD if Norman doesn't make a play on the ball...

#37 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

There was one play when Marshall caught a pass in front of him and as Norman broke on it, he tried to punch the ball when Marshall brought it into his body. Unfortunately, Marshall knew what he was doing and held the ball out.

Just little things that show this kid knows how to play the game. Very impressed so far. He's getting better every game.

#38 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

He'll be fine

But like I said he's a man, physical corner. That zone ish need to be for 3rd and longs

#39 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I like him a lot i just hate how we have are corners play 10 yards off the ball and the safties play 30 yards off the ball

#40 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,979 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

him messing with Cutler all day was hilarious

#41 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have loved the great play from all our CBs but i am NOT in favor of letting go of Gamble becuz of it. We need all the good corners we can get and Gamble can still play, injuries got the best of him this year.

#42 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,628 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

He helps make this season worth following

#43 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

He could be getting talked about so much more if they didn't play him so soft I mean wtf is the point??

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,517 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Norman, Alexander, and Kuechly. Hurney's last draft may have given us 3 great cornerstone pieces to rebuilding our defense.

That's the least he can do for us and this organization. I'm glad he did this but other moves he made will hinder us. Like the contracts...oh god...The exuberant contracts to the RB's...

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,413 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Zod was head cheerleader for McClain too...

I do like this kid, hope he sticks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Josh Norman, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.