humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

posted this quote in another thread....

so is this mcdermmott's fault?

what the crap is going on here?

It falls back on RR regardless. Its his staff. If he didn't like the scheme, he's the headcoach. CHANGE THE PLAYS!!! Its becoming more and more clear the man is oblivious.

#32 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,998 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

What's going on is that there are so many parties failing we can't even decide whom to blame.

#33 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Frustrating as hell watching teams out coach us every week.

I agree. The only time he was not outcoached was the Saints game. The game where the opponent's top 2 coaches were suspended.

#34 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Let think and get the facts:

1. NFL coordinators from pretty much every team uses the soft defense at the end of games.
2. Fans always yells that it is stupid.

Uh, no they don't. Prevent is often used when the opposing team has to drive the length of the field to score a TD, and it is appropriate in that situation as the field gets more and more compressed the closer they get. You don't do it when the team only needs a FG. In a situation like yesterday, you will often see a 6 or 7 man blitz to try to end the game with a sack.

Nah, he's trying to put it on the players, and hoping everyone forgets we had a TO left that could have been used to try to get organized on D. I realize it's generally not wise to give the other team a TO on a drive with little time left, but everybody could see what was unfolding, and calling a different D was our only chance to stop it.

#35 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

If RR didn't like the defense, he had 5 plays to call a TO and change it. Chud calls the dumb as out, with regard to field position/situational football. RR/ McDermott go soft zone and watch CHI drive for the win. Please JR.. fuging fire these guys!

#36 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Ron sure does like throwing his players under the bus.

#37 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Gamble has the rep to say something like this, but had they called cover 2 and get a, likely, 30 yarder on a double move on Cap the coach would have been called out as an idiot for that instead.

The main problem is that Cap canĀ“t cover a double move to save his life.

Double moves are somewhat irrelevant in a Cover 2, as the guy going deep just gets handed off to a safety. Cover 2 to squeeze the middle and make them throw deep, which they'd sucked at all day. Regardless of what the offense did or didn't do, the coaches utterly failed to call a proper defense for the situation.

#38 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

This is EXACTLY why Rivera has no business being a HC after this season.. I swear he has no control..

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

This is EXACTLY why Rivera has no business being a HC after this season.. I swear he has no control..

considering the bad calls he's made, i think he has too much control.

i don't know...i'm just ready for a change.

#40 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Captain is just butt hurt that Rivera snapped on him when he had to blow a timeout on the field goal.

But he's right.

#41 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Just saying, I know high school defensive captains that will call something in the huddle different from what the coach called for if the coach is fuging them over with stupid calls. SOMEBODY has to take initiative there. You think Ray Lewis would allow his team to lose because of coaching? fug no. Sure, it's on coaching, and I want Rivera's head for it, but I wish we had one guy who would say "screw it, I don't care if I get chewed out or benched, we're not losing this game". Just one guy.

#42 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,343 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

3 passes defended all on Brandon Marshall who is almost a foot taller than him. Go ahead captain .. PREACH!

#43 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

considering the bad calls he's made, i think he has too much control.

i don't know...i'm just ready for a change.

well why then would he have said that he "wanted to see" his dbs play tighter? if he had so much control he should have said that he "should have called" his dbs to play more press, dont you think? or maybe he just didnt want to take accountability for it, who knows? either way, im with ya.. i think were all ready for a change, a big one at that... i think we will get it, too.

#44 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,137 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

funny thing about Munnerlyn and coaching staff is that it's both of their last years with the Panthers so who cares

#45 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

HUH? Our DBs had completely shut down their passing game using press coverage. So what do the coaches do!? Go to a soft zone cover 4. Why abandon what had been working? The coaches put their player in a position to fail by not playing to their strenghts. Cap has every right to call them out. He played his ass off the entire game only to have the play calls kill the defensive momentum. Think before you type nonsense.

I would personally like to see a whole new coaching staff next year and if i were betting man,i'd bet that is going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.