41 replies to this topic

#31 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

dude, come on. You really want to go there?

It's simple and plain the offense got the lead. Good defense gets stops when they need them ours doesn't

#32 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Not a huge college fan, since I am a UNCC grad. Could you inform me how good those 2 DT prospects were. Are they regarded as high as recent prospect Suh and McCoy? Thanks

Star is compared to Haloti Ngata a lot.. brute strength and very quick for being a huge man. He shows flashes of pass rushing similar to Suh.. as he just throws people aside with ease on many occasion. But not very consistent in his pass rush.

Hankins is 6'4" 335lbs.. but nimble as a ballerina. He plays DE for OSU.. that shows you how quick and athletic he is for a big man.. and best of all, he has GREAT stamina. He plays in 90% of OSU's defensive plays. Great against the run, and very good against the pass. Consistently stands up double teams. He could play NT and athletic/quick enough to play 3tech or even 5tech.
He is basically a better version of Dontari Poe.. and played against better competition, with a better motor and stamina.

Both DTs are projected easy Top 5 picks. I have seen Hankins projected #1 prospect in the draft regardless of position on many websites.

#33 SpartanPanther89

SpartanPanther89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationDetroit/East Lansing

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Before the season started, if I told you we'd have the 15th ranked defense halfway through the year what would you think our record would be? sigh.

#34 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

It's simple and plain the offense got the lead. Good defense gets stops when they need them ours doesn't

I sorry, I didn't know it was that simple. What the fu*k was I thinking!

#35 CalculusDude

CalculusDude

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think the biggest thing that has helped this defense is the addition of Dwan and the return of Ron Edwards. Now CJ and Hardy have two huge guys who eat up a lot of space, which has helped the pass rush tenfold. We still need legit safety play, and our corners without Gamble have struggled at times, but the defensive line and linebackers have really stepped it up.

#36 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

We may have made the playoffs last year with this defense

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

This years defense with last years offense should have produced a winner.

Too bad they didn't stick with last years offense.

#38 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

That pick is looking more like Dee Milliner considering what we have been getting out the D line. We have been stripped at corner, and i wouldnt mind a safety in the second. we need to start producing more turnovers. We have been terrible at that the past couple years.

#39 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I clicked on this thread just so I could watch HardcoreDefense's sig over and over.

Something about defense.

Yeah I know, and we all need to know who that is, so we can move on with our lives.

#40 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Just imagine if we get Star Lotulelei & a good safety in the draft next year.

Defensive domination with Davis getting better & Luke being a top 5 4-3 MLB already.

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

The defense has potential to be top 10 next year IMO. Now, if we can only get the offense to catch up. Who would've thought that would be said half way through the season?

Our offense was top 5 last year and our defense sucked. You never know what is going to happen from year to year. I think our offensive struggles are mainly from a depleted Oline and bad play calling. That can be fixed before next year

#42 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Moot point. This shits getting blown up guys. No need to project what we need right now. A LOT of guys will not be back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com