Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,831 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

DeAngelo Williams and James Anderson for Mike Wallace

I'd cream my pants if that happened. Someone get on the phone with whoever it is that can make this happen.

#47 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Patriots?

#48 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Patriots?

Why in the world would they do that?

They have finally found a running attack and average about 150 yds pr game. Ridley is young, cheap and is playing out of his mind on his way to over 1400 yds and 10 TDs.

#49 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I know it won't happen but it would be sick to see Mike Wallace in a panther uniform.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I think it’s the Pittsburgh Steelers.

DeAngelo Williams and James Anderson for Mike Wallace

Dwyer is coming off his best game against Washington and is in the mold of Steeler running backs. DWill is more of a finesse runner. As to Anderson, he'd be forced to play inside in their system, something he's never done.

Compare those 2 to Wallace, one of the premier young receivers in the league. Pittsburg would be crazy to do this deal.

#51 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Rivera Magic?

#52 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,296 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

I love how after Hunrey was fired Rivera said the buck stops with him in terms of players (trades, cuts, moves, etc).....

Then on Monday when asked about trading a player he deflected the question to someone else....

#53 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'd be devastated to lose DeAngelo... I'm being serious too. It'd be a tough pill to swallow knowing that he's being severely under utilized here. I will go into FULL depression mode of we deal him

He has a gear that J Stew can only dream about... Please Football Gods, if we do deal him, please allow us to get something of serious worth in return

ive thought stew was the better between the two since we drafted him, and I think the panthers also think this too that's why we are fielding inquiries about Williams

#54 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,385 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

how does a contender inquiring about williams help us? bullshit pick? makes them 1000x better? where to i sign up?

#55 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Some thoughts:

Green Bay is never big on high priced RB's as their offense runs on the pass. A capable RB is all that is needed.

Pittsburgh is the same, they need a capable RB and have made no names into household names there. Not likely to risk their future on a quick fix.

Remember, for someone to make a trade for an expensive back, a couple things need to be in place.
First, the coach could be on the hot seat and needing to make something happen NOW. This takes GB and Pitt out of the equation even further.

Look for a team who has a coach that has been there for 3 or 4 seasons, their window possibly closing.

1. AZ is a prime candidate in my opinion. QB issues, no running game and a coach getting ready to get the boot, especially after their season turning from promising to crap.
2. NYJets is another possibility.
3. Denver is sort of an iffy one, but they have Willis McGahee. Not sure what his contract looks like for next season. Window with Peyton definitely closing.
4. San Diego is my last possibility.

It would also be smart for the Panthers to get a pick rather than a player. If the team has no direction, then who knows whether or not we will need a WR, DT or whatever in return. Also, if the team is a contender, then you are dillusional to think they will give up a starting WR, etc for a RB. That would be incredibly stupid and probaly move them quickly to non contender

#56 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

would love to see Deagelo hook up with Fox and Manning and make a superbowl run - at least it would make watching football fun again .

#57 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

packers could give us randall cobb. I'd be happy with that! kr, wr, and plays out of the backfield.

#58 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

How is Arizona a " contender " ?

#59 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

How is Arizona a " contender " ?

One game out of the playoffs:

http://www.cbssports...ngs/playoffrace

#60 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,337 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Jackson's contract also runs out in 2013.....so as of now he makes a lot more sense. Team can essentially use him as a hired gun and don't have to worry about an aging RB impact their cap room in 2014 and 2015 like Williams.

If you have the option, Jackson is much more attractive than Williams today

Any team that trades for DWill can cut him after the season with zero cap hit. The Panthers are the ones on hook for the prorated signing bonus, a new team only takes on his base salary, which isn't guaranteed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com