Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you share similar beliefs to your parent(s)?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

mostly.. My mom is a school teacher so a bit jaded, but can't see how so much of what is taught at public schools is total crap. Just too close to it I guess... She thinks Ron Paul accomplished nothing b/c he didn't win so that annoys me but other than that she is pretty down

My dad and I have almost exact same view points. I remember back in the day he was very against NAFTA and being a young kid just watching the news I thought he was a moron. I now realize I was the moron and respect his ability to see through the lies.

I turned him on to Ron Paul and after getting over the neocon war hawk propaganda he is all about classical conservatism.

He is anti-france, where I am not, that is about all I can think of.

Posted

So it's YOUR fault...

....LOL. uh okay. you cant blame the condition the "nation" is in on any one presidency just like you cant expect it to be cleaned up with any one presidency. i claim no fault. and i would revote obama again JUST to piss my momma off AGAIN. gets me outta alot more phone conversations now.

Posted

Yes and No

Posted

no i don't, not on most things. dad is a moderate republican. mom is a misanthrope.

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

Posted

Yeah werewolves hate everybody.

No no no. Lycanthrope would be a werewolf. Misanthrope would be someone who turns into a woman in the full moon light.

Posted

um no there are very few things we agree on.

my brother and my beleifs are both extremly different from our parents.

Posted

Never really got to know their details, but I don't remember my parents being into anything but local politics because their friends would always ask them to support one campaign or another. It was more about the people than the positions.

Posted

Not really...

But that's not to say that they weren't major factors in my beliefs. A great number of my beliefs can be traced back to a stand I took that was in deliberate opposition to what I thought my parents wanted me to believe.

Posted

As far as religion goes yes all of us are Christian but..others things we look at different my dad grew up in a time of racism..Its not that he is a racist just does not think the world has changed as much as I think it has…me and my mother have a lot of the same beliefs.

Posted

No.

Posted

Dad was a believer, and a PO'd white trash conservative Republican.

Mom is a believer, and an aging hippie liberal douche.

I'm an Atheist and a Libertarian.

So nope, not really.

Posted

We didn't talk politics when I was a kid. But I always knew how the folks voted. I'd say my dad and I share a lot of political views, but mom isn't that savvy. As for my kids, put it like this: When small kids insult other kids with "poopie head, dum-dum...etc." My oldest son (who is six) will call you a "democrat"...Sometimes it will be "retarded democrat" but overall, to him, that's the worst thing he can call you...It makes his papa proud!