143 replies to this topic

#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

....I would fire sale the fug out of this roster right now for as many middle round...

Oh yeah for sure the thing the Panthers need is to fill the roster completely with Nate Salley, Nick Hayden, and Kealoha Pilares.

#122 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,978 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Oh yeah for sure the thing the Panthers need is to fill the roster completely with Nate Salley, Nick Hayden, and Kealoha Pilares.

The home field advantage in BofA is weak enough, imagine if we blow out the few quality Vet players we have in favor of a roster you need a program to identify.
May as well call it a Neutral site for football games.

#123 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Heard Pickles is getting inquiries too

Yeah!!!!! Some teams are inquiring why he is still on the Panthers team roster.......Other teams are inquiring why he is still in the NFL.

#124 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

My point stands.

#125 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Keep Smitty, keep LaFell, draft a top WR, and get a WR in the FA...we got Olsen, draft another TE, get some O-line f*cks, get an OC with a new regime not completely mental and let's f(ck sh*t up for frick's sake. And frick has a lot at stake

The D looks fine for the time being considering where we are as a franchise minus a FS, CB, and another D-line guy.

No need in blowing up, there's no need to get rid of Smitty unless there's something we don't know. He's not worth the loss or an added 5th round draft pick for that matter. D-Will's situation is tricky and he may need to go but no sense in blowing sh*t all the way up. Just with this damn staff and a few softies on the squad.

#126 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image

#127 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I dont know about this one, especially when we are looking at only getting a 3rd round pick in return. I dont understand why ppl are always dying to trade smitty... Yes he is on the down side of his career but we dont have anyone that is in the same league as him in regards to his production, even if he is just drawing double and triple coverages.

He is only symbol of toughness and fire the franchise has ever had and everyone is always trying to get rid of him. Sometimes i think we would rather lose with a bunch of chior boys than have any balls and show that we wont be punked out there and settle for mediocrity.

A draft pick is an MAYBE especially in the 3rd round. There is no gaurantee that the player selected will be any good. What if we trade him for a pick and end up with another Adams, Gettis or Lafel? Has anyone thought about that?

We should keep him here as long as we can until we can hit on a solid No.1 WR in the draft or acquire one in FA with the new GM.

#128 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I think we should pull a NE and sign all veteran WR's, keep only one project WR on the roster (likely a first rd. draft pick or similar type player. I want a Julio Jones type guy, i digress..)

I know there are cap issues, but letting go of Smitty isn't a smart thing to do. No need to trade him away for draft picks when we should build the WR corps through FA.

Some skill positions need to be younger, cheaper guys (running back cough cough), and more money needs to be invested in protection and weapons for Cam.

Trading Smitty away goes against this philosophy. Do not doooooo.

#129 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Smitty has earned the right to be the first Panther player drafted by the Panthers, have a full NFL career, and retire as a Panther if he wants to. If he wants a trade, let him go to a team he wants. If he doesn't want a trade, let him play till he retires.

#130 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

32 year old Steve Smith is better than 95% of receivers in their prime today.

#131 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

rotoworld...

The Charlotte Observer confirms at least one NFC team inquired as to Steve Smith's availability on Sunday, but that no formal offer was made, and no follow-up talks have taken place.It doesn't sound like the Panthers are actively shopping their lone dependable playmaker outside of Cam Newton. Under contract for an affordable $3.75 million in 2013, it's doubtful Smith is with a different team this time next week.

#132 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,978 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

The Charlotte Observer confirms at least one NFC team inquired as to Steve Smith's availability on Sunday, but that no formal offer was made, and no follow-up talks have taken place.It doesn't sound like the Panthers are actively shopping their lone dependable playmaker outside of Cam Newton. Under contract for an affordable $3.75 million in 2013, it's doubtful Smith is with a different team this time next week.

Thanks Rotoworld.
The level of stupid that would be required to trade Steve Smith is Short Bus Passenger level.

#133 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Third rounder? Lol

#134 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

get that big ass video out of your sig

reported.

You deceiver, you had me looking for a big ASS in his sig......reported.

#135 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

wtf? trade him and see what you can get. I love him but he's either gonna retire or leave via FA.

I swear to god we have the biggest clowns running this trainwreck.

He can retire but he cant leave in FA. He was signed to another 5 year contract last year. By that time he would be to old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.