Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

yes.

#47 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I heard there was an orphan in Somalia that never saw them, but I haven't seen the proof.

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

that would take creativity and risks, something hard to come by these days.

See: George Lucas

#49 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

See: George Lucas

Which is why I think this Disney thing is going to be great...

Let Lucas come up with the big ideas and let someone else implement them.

#50 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Which is why I think this Disney thing is going to be great...

Let Lucas come up with the big ideas and let someone else implement them.

i'm through getting my hopes up.

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

i'm through getting my hopes up.

I understand why, but with another party involved now and Lucas only as a consultant, it could be really, really good.

#52 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

it could be... if that other party was darren aronofsky or christopher nolan.... disney doesn't inspire any faith in me. Disney simply inspires no faith in me...

#53 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

it could be... if that other party was darren aronofsky or christopher nolan.... disney doesn't inspire any faith in me. Disney simply inspires no faith in me...

Posted Image

Good it will be, see you will...

#54 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Disney is doing right by Marvel in my eyes, so I give it a lot of faith.

#55 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Kevin J Anderson wrote Jedi Search Trilogy which falls soon behind Return of the Jedi- Han and The Princess have twins Luke is combing the galaxy to rebuild the jedi's Han inadverdantly finds a really strong in the force teenage boy Kyp I believe his name was ( I read the books a long time ago. Anyways hiding away in a black hole / type thing was a hidden fleet of R &D imperials who designed the Death Star and a new weapon called the Sun Crusher which is pretty much a indestructable ship. Anyways the hidden Imperials were sent there by Moff Tarkin(SP) and they have no idea the empire has been defeated. I won't tell no more than that for spoilers sake In case this is what they are doing or if you want to read the books amazon is your friend.

I have no idea if this is what they are going to do but it was a pretty decent read. I reckon I'll have to go back and re--read them.

#56 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,317 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

The Thrawn trilogy is better than that one though, and would make an excellent 7/8/9.

Fwiw, I thought the revenge of the Sith movie was very good, probably the third best out of all the SW's movies (with only empire and ANH being better).

#57 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

The Thrawn trilogy is better than that one though, and would make an excellent 7/8/9.

Fwiw, I thought the revenge of the Sith movie was very good, probably the third best out of all the SW's movies (with only empire and return being better).

You are correct . I was just looking that up.The thrawn wars was inbetween Return and Jedi Search

Never read it.. looks like I'll have to buy me somethin for Christmas

#58 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Maybe wishful thinking but i would love to see a Boba Fett spinoff. Kind of the way Marvel went with Wolverine.

#59 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Fwiw, I thought the revenge of the Sith movie was very good, probably the third best out of all the SW's movies (with only empire and ANH being better).

I agree 100%, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like that's what they're going to do.

Apparently Lucas had a "rough draft" of what 7, 8 & 9 would be...

"Incidentally, the plot details around "Episode 7" are scant, but Lucas has dropped these hints over the years: It takes place a few decades after "Return of the Jedi," continues the story of Luke Skywalker, and would deal with the rebuilding of the republic."

Maybe they'll incorporate some of the books timeline/storyline... as long as they don't bring Mark Hamil back as an old Luke... lol

...and Revenge of the Sith was a good movie... even though a lot of the dialogue was complete crap... but it could have been even better.

#60 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Maybe wishful thinking but i would love to see a Boba Fett spinoff. Kind of the way Marvel went with Wolverine.

I think this is where they were going to go with the TV show...

http://en.wikipedia....ction_TV_series

...supposed to mimic Game of Thrones as far as pace and character development, be adult and gritty, etc.

With the recent announcement, one has to wonder if this now gets canned in favor of a Jar Jar Binks spinoff...

lol...

I hope not, and I hope Disney does right by Star Wars fans...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.