"Serious" chance D-Will gets traded

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#11 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

If we can get anything for Williams and get out of his contract, then we are LUCKY. We will cut him if we can't trade him, because we will never pay him in 2013....we would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him....I really don't want a draft pick...I want a CB.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Trade this scrub and be done with it.

P.S. OP: "serious" isn't synonymous with "viable"

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm ballparking a 5th.

A 4th would be nice, 3rd is pie in the sky, a 2nd and we'd be wanted in 18 states.

#14 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Only way a D Will trade would even REMOTELY make me happy:

Is if on Draft day we somehow finagled our way back into the first round... Even then I would not be happy with our current backfield.

I say he stays though long term because my scenario would likely never happen... And if we took anything less than the first pick in the 2nd rnd we would be seriously fuggin ourselves from a talent standpoint. Contract be damned.... Talent wise, if we get anything less than a 1st rounder with his career stats and lack of injury we'd literally be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Just my .02

That trade wouldn't even go through in Madden. He's 29 with a HUGE contract. You trade him NOW while he has value with teams in the hunt looking for help at RB. We need the cap relieve and D. Will is no longer the best RB on this team. There is no chance in hell you get a 2nd, and at this point we'd be LUCKY as hell to get a 3rd.

If we don't unload him now, all that's going to happen is that the new GM will unload him and we will get much less back, if anything.

#15 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

What would the cap hit be if we trade him?

#16 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

What would the cap hit be if we trade him?

Even though trading Williams now would cause an immediate $9.6 million acceleration onto next year’s salary cap, a source with knowledge of the situation said the Panthers are “absolutely” prepared to absorb that hit if the right deal comes along.

Moving Williams would benefit the Panthers in two ways, First, it would make more than $17 million in future base salaries go away (all his guaranteed money was in the first two years of his deal), for a player who has already fallen behind Jonathan Stewart on the depth chart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/31/panthers-prepared-to-take-cap-hit-if-right-williams-deal-comes-along/

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'd rather just use him, properly.

#18 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

...And if we took anything less than the first pick in the 2nd rnd we would be seriously fuggin ourselves from a talent standpoint...

Currently, we may not need to trade anyone to get the first pick in the 2nd round. *sigh*

#19 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

We could do that, but I'd say there is a 0% chance the new GM will keep him. We need some help on both sides of the ball and his contract is horrible. If we wait around his value will dwindle

#20 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I MEAN AT LEAST TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING AMIRITE

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

RB is becoming nearly the most disposable position on offense in the modern NFL. carrying the weight of giant contracts for two running backs is hard to justify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users