Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just purchased my first home

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Almost got cold feet yesterday... jeez... The biggest purchase I have ever made... Is 3.25% fixed interest rate on 30 year mortgage a good deal?

Posted

The interest rate is great...the house, price and location...no clue

Posted

The interest rate is great...the house, price and location...no clue

Off 51 in mint hill, not far off Lebanon rd. House cost $250k. Houses across the street cost $500k and up and houses on next street cost $700k and up so it's pretty good area. My house is 3,000 sqft ranch.

1 person likes this

Posted

$83 a sq ft. Is that the norm out there? I'm at 4.2% and thought it was super low then

Posted

3.25% is the ideal rate right now for a 30 fixed. I was at 6.25 and streamline refinanced to a 4.125. Its the best im gonna get right now.

Posted

I've been getting spam mail offering 2.9%

Posted

if u can refinance for a minimal amount of closing costs I would do it if I were you. rates will be going up in the next year or 2.

Posted

Almost got cold feet yesterday... jeez... The biggest purchase I have ever made... Is 3.25% fixed interest rate on 30 year mortgage a good deal?

In the grand scheme that is an absurdly good deal.

Posted

Congratulations on going through with it ARSEN, I doubt you will regret it.

Sounds like you got a great deal on your home and your loan.

I was visiting family in Mint Hill just a few weeks ago. It has grown a lot, but is still a very nice area.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 person likes this

Posted

$83 a sq ft. Is that the norm out there? I'm at 4.2% and thought it was super low then

No, average on my street is $115 per sqft (ranges from $105 to $125)... My building company screwed up and sold me way to low... They actually tried to piss us off so we walk because someone offered $290k for our house...

Posted

Congratulations on going through with it ARSEN, I doubt you will regret it.

Sounds like you got a great deal on your home and your loan.

I was visiting family in Mint Hill just a few weeks ago. It has grown a lot, but is still a very nice area.

Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks bud. I'm excited and scared the same time... I got wedding and honeymoon coming up so I got to plan for everything. SO much uncertainty!

Posted

oh you'll be fine you damned foreigner.

1 person likes this